Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the latest copy of Guns & Ammo in the mail. In it was an article on mayor Bloomberg's covert sting operations concerning "straw gun purchases" in other states. From what I read, he did this on the sly. Now I for one don't have a problem with sellers getting busted for illegal selling of firearms. But when does a mayor have this kind of power to overstep his jurisdiction. Last I checked, he was a mayor and not the President. It would seem to me that this is a federal issue and not a NYC issue. This jack-off is the reason I sold my co-op in Brooklyn, and moved my family to P.A. Now, it would seem that he is trying to spread his poison over to my new home state.

I really hate when the second amendment gets twisted into something it is not. How many times have I heard from misinformed people that "Militia" means the military. Apparently, they haven't seen The Patriot. Also, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Not politicians, not just the rich, not just a select few, but the people.

Webster's New World dictionary states:
Militia -
1) any army composed of citizens rather than professional soldiers, called up in a time of emergency. (can anyone remember New Orleans gun fiasco?)

2) in the U.S. all able-bodied male citizens between 18 and 45 years old who are not already members of the regular armed forces: members of the National Guard and of the Reserves (of the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines Corps) constitutes the organized militia.

Breathing easier now, off soap box. Anyway, if you guys get a chance, read the article in this month's G&A. I'm really not good at explaining the whole thing. It does mention how certain gun shops struck deals with the mayor to keep them from not being included in any lawsuits.

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
schlemer said:
Just received the latest copy of Guns & Ammo in the mail. In it was an article on mayor Bloomberg's covert sting operations concerning "straw gun purchases" in other states. From what I read, he did this on the sly. Now I for one don't have a problem with sellers getting busted for illegal selling of firearms. But when does a mayor have this kind of power to overstep his jurisdiction. Last I checked, he was a mayor and not the President. It would seem to me that this is a federal issue and not a NYC issue. This jack-off is the reason I sold my co-op in Brooklyn, and moved my family to P.A. Now, it would seem that he is trying to spread his poison over to my new home state.

I really hate when the second amendment gets twisted into something it is not. How many times have I heard from misinformed people that "Militia" means the military. Apparently, they haven't seen The Patriot. Also, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Not politicians, not just the rich, not just a select few, but the people.

Webster's New World dictionary states:
Militia -
1) any army composed of citizens rather than professional soldiers, called up in a time of emergency. (can anyone remember New Orleans gun fiasco?)

2) in the U.S. all able-bodied male citizens between 18 and 45 years old who are not already members of the regular armed forces: members of the National Guard and of the Reserves (of the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines Corps) constitutes the organized militia.

Breathing easier now, off soap box. Anyway, if you guys get a chance, read the article in this month's G&A. I'm really not good at explaining the whole thing. It does mention how certain gun shops struck deals with the mayor to keep them from not being included in any lawsuits.

Mike
Bloomers has no authority to do what he did, but he does have millions of dollars to fight any lawsuit any little gun shop (or big NRA, etc) tries to send his way. ATF is moving slowly on this, but they are supposedly investigating it and have sent him a cease and desist order.

You're correct that all of the rest of us (ie not uniformed, armed services) constitute the unorganized militia.

I'm glad to say that the change from when this all happened, months ago, to now is positive, partially. The Parker decision in DC affirmed the individual RKBA, but unfortunately also affirmed (not sure if this is a quote from the court or not) "reasonable regulation". :bang:
I know that pro-rights people are not the only ones who read this board, so for those who believe the limiting of this right is appropriate, I say move to NYC and you and Bloomers can enjoy the high crime rate. Well, you can, anyway. HE has armed security guards to protect him.

Reductio al absurdum THIS! :shooter:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts