Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a new blog today. I'm not going to post a link, cause I hope to (eventually) make money from it and I don't ask for money from friends.

But it's an interesting experience. It is more demanding than, say, posting on a forum like this. If nothing else, I feel like my identity is more exposed, so people can tell who I am. I feel like I have to try a little harder to not let the insanity show.
The hard part is to not become addicted to the statistics. In the last hour I've had 1 view. That may not sound like a lot, but it's a gazillion times more than in the previous week. :)
So, how many of you have added to the somewhere around 50,000,000 blogs?

·
Registered
591 Posts
No can help, dont blogg, just go on one or two forums. sorry

·
Registered
27,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No can help, dont blogg, just go on one or two forums. sorry
Who says that's not helping? :D Maybe more than those of us who are contributing to the bloating of the blogosphere?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Who says that's not helping? :D Maybe more than those of us who are contributing to the bloating of the blogosphere?
i will stick to housework and cooking-its easilier

·
Registered
27,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will stick to housework and cooking-its easilier
Thereby contributing to the bloating of the waistline, instead. :icon_ lala:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thereby contributing to the bloating of the waistline, instead. :icon_ lala:
oh yes and a few beers and a bottle of wine too,

i call it blogging the belly

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Good luck with your blog.

Never blogged or tweeted, this is pretty much the only forum I use.

I am not famous or rich or anything so why would anyone be interested in the minutia of my day?

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Good luck with your blog.

Never blogged or tweeted, this is pretty much the only forum I use.

I am not famous or rich or anything so why would anyone be interested in the minutia of my day?
Don't sell your life short.
One literary agent whom I queried about the memoir listed in my sig line wanted to know why - with all the high-profile memoirs on the market - anyone would be interested in mine.
It took only a minute to tell him why: Funnier than Herman Cain's; sexier than Condaleeza Rice's; More violent than Hillary Clinton's; and, unlike Obama, I wrote it myself.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I don't even know what a blog is.

(See there, I told you on another thread that I'm old!)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've blogged in the past - won't say I won't bring it out of retirement at some point. In my "heyday" I was beginning to get a following, made quite a few online friends, was asked to join a group blog and did a stint with that for a while. But real life has gotten in the way and keeps me pretty busy most of the time. When I get bent over some political issue, my hubby always says "you need to write about it on leftbrainfemale" but I just haven't worked myself up to do it again for the moment. Seasons in life. It will probably come around again - that's why I've left it intact online and keep paying for the domain. It was "mine" and I hate to let it go. Besides, it's kind of fun once in a while to go back and read something I'd forgotten about writing - and realize I knew more about something then than I do now. Not to say that I'm losing my mind, LOL, just that other things have taken priority and I know more about other things!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good Luck with the blog. I think you should post a link, especially if it is a firearms blog. If you aren't making money from it yet, you cant use that as a reason not to share it. I'm sure there are a few here that would be interested in checking it out and giving you some support. 2¢

·
Registered
27,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good Luck with the blog. I think you should post a link, especially if it is a firearms blog. If you aren't making money from it yet, you cant use that as a reason not to share it. I'm sure there are a few here that would be interested in checking it out and giving you some support. 2¢
Thanks. It's an economics and history blog. You guys get enough of my rants here. And while I'm not making money yet, there are ads on the site whose purpose is to generate income. Perhaps if and when a blog entry is apropos to a discussion here I'll link to it, but both the rules and my feelings are against using this forum to self-promote.

I always resented the people who brought in their kids band/scout/sports team candy/pizza/popcorn and went into a hard sell to get you to support their kids trip to Disney World. You guys are friends, not customers.

I do appreciate the support though, all good wishes gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
155 Posts
And while I'm not making money yet, there are ads on the site whose purpose is to generate income. Perhaps if and when a blog entry is apropos to a discussion here I'll link to it, but both the rules and my feelings are against using this forum to self-promote.

I always resented the people who brought in their kids band/scout/sports team candy/pizza/popcorn and went into a hard sell to get you to support their kids trip to Disney World. You guys are friends, not customers.

I do appreciate the support though, all good wishes gratefully accepted.
You've got the good wishes! I never tried out the ads on mine; and now my day job is keeping ads running on my employer's websites, LOL. Now I'm learning the ropes so if I do get back to it one day I may try to make it a profitable venture - but for me it was primarily cathartic as it probably is for you too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts