Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandering around the Gunshow today and overheard two women talking about pistols that their husbands where looking at. The one women pointed at a Taurus PT1911 and said "Frank says those are them cheap guns that if you put them in bleach it will ruin the finish" other women commented with "Oh my thats terrible, can't they make guns that will hold up to a good cleaning?"

As hard as it was to keep my mouth shut (mostly from laughing inside about how stupid some people can be), I bite my tongue and smiled while I followed them around a bit for more laughs :-X

Wished I had a camcorder or take recorder... Anyone else here clean their guns in a bucket of bleach? (God I hope not).

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
The gun should be cleaned, not disinfected. But I have a questions, are you to use the bucket of bleach before or after the vinegar?

Steelheart

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Hey, I remember it just fine after a pint (or so) of 'shine!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
drummin_man627 said:
What drive me crazy is all of the noise when I put mine in the dryer. Especially the ammo.
Now that is funny! I did see on a forum a Glock user who claimed he put his gun in the dishwasher to clean it! Top rack only of course!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rabid_Dog said:
Now that is funny! I did see on a forum a Glock user who claimed he put his gun in the dishwasher to clean it! Top rack only of course!
Would Jet Dry help with preventing spots? I hate it when my wife has a dinner party, it is really embarrassing to have someone about to dump the Kimber in the punch bowl and find spots all over the finish... :-\

·
Registered
276 Posts
I wonder if the "bleach users" also scrub their pistols on a wash board before tossing them into the bleach? :fart: :loco:

·
Registered
62 Posts
:D LOL I needed a good luagh thanks guys I hope there are not people out there cleaning wepons with bleach and other houshold cleaner like comet to funney :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
I wouldn't be so hard on the ladies, since one of them was simply parroting what her hubby told her. Frank is the guy we need to track down beat up on. :shooter:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts