Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range and was using some blazer brass 40. cal ammo and I experienced lots of jams. Has anyone else experienced this. My 24/7 dosent jam with another ammo except this kind.

·
Registered
235 Posts
God I hope not...I just bought a 50 round box at wally world for the .40, I hope I don't get alot of jams. I'll be pissed...but then I'll go right back to Winchester. I had one jam in 200 rounds, and it was my own fault.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I've had much better luck with Blazer Brass than WWB.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yesterday i had nothing but jams with blazer brass but as soon as i switched to winchester it shot no problems at all. If I were to get the feed ramp polished by a gun smith do you think I would have that problem? or is there nothing I can do?d

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do you have any of each ammo left to post pictures of them (side by side close up to check OAL and bullet nose shape)? How is it jamming? Were the bullets getting stuck on the feed ramp?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when it shoots out the empty casing and goes to load another round the slide gets locked open and i have to mess with the slide to get it to close. then some times it goes to close and the slide dosnt close all of the way it makes me worried there is something wrong with the gun. it wont do this with winchester ammo though.

·
Administrator
18,038 Posts
Sounds like the cartridges may be moving forward and/or the bullet noses are bumping up against the Magazine Follower Slide Latch Lever. Sounds like more of a Magazine Problem with this particular ammunition.

·
Registered
57 Posts
In a previous post, I was blaming Blazer Brass for problems feeding in my 24/7 PRO .45. When I started getting problems with WWB also, I was starting to get worried. That's when I finally marked my two magazines and started keeping track of where I got failures. I quickly found that it was only one of the mags. I switched spring and follower from the other and still had problems with the same one.
I'm sending the bad magazine back to Taurus today and bought an additional one from Cheaper-than-dirt. Hope I'll end up with three good ones.

·
Administrator
18,038 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Let me give you another senario on Mags. It happened to me!

On Nov 20, I contacted Taurus by fax concerning a magazine problem. It was defective, either a crack or some reason that the top opening was too wide to hold the rounds in place. I really did not expect a response quickly and possibly not at all.

However, in the mail today, 12-06, I had a box in the mail from Taurus.
I was excited to see that I got a response in 16 days. I opened the box checked the invoice, it was for a replacement magazine for my PT111 Pro 12.

My amazment and joy were short lived. Who every filled the request and shipped it, pulled a Magazine for a PT92, 17 rd magazine. Well to make a long story short, I have sent another fax to Taurus concerning what they want me to do with the wrong Magazine.

I just wonder what the guy who ordered a mag for his PT92, is gonna do with my PT111 Mag?

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I've always had good results with Blazer Brass (and Aluminum) in my autoloaders. In fact, that's primarily what they digest now due to rising ammo costs.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've heard that some guns have problems with certain ammo and work well with others. That why we go to the range and break in a gun and find out what IT likes.
As long as you don't have problems with the Winchester ammo I would stick to it. Could just be a bad batch Of Blaser Brass too. I'd wait a while before buying anymore, give them a chance to turn over stock before trying again. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Taurus_9mm said:
I've always had good results with Blazer Brass (and Aluminum) in my autoloaders. In fact, that's primarily what they digest now due to rising ammo costs.
Ditto from me on Blazer, but of course mine was revolver. I am sorry he had a mag problem, but if that ammo maker in Texas does not ship my 45 colts soon, I am gonna have to buy some more CCI Blazers for JHP, and some more cowboy loads for the solids.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went out to shoot yesterday and i had cleaned my mags before i went. this improved the jamming issues a lot. this makes me think that it might actually be a magazine problem thanks a lot guys for the helpful information.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts