Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I found that when reloading .45 "Blazer" casings I could not get the primer to seat. In fact the primer wouldn't go in at all. Has anyone else had this problem? It was not just one casing but everyone I tried had the same problem. :(

Administrator
Take a close look at the primer pocket. I think it is Federal, that makes some .45acp with small primer pockets rather than large. I've encountered some of those. Maybe some Blazer is being manufactured the same way.

Registered
I am assuming that you are using Blazer Brass. If it is the aluminum stuff, don't reload it. Also, you might want to try something like this:

The Lee Primer Pocket Cleaner is a must have accessory for your reloading bench. The Primer Pocket Cleaner is simple and easy to use, and made from steel so it will last a lifetime. It features a double ended design to clean both large and small primer pockets so that primers can be fully seated for better accuracy and safety.

Technical Information
Fits: Large and Small primer pockets
Function: Cleans carbon built up from primer pockets for proper primer seating
Material: Steel
Notes: Knurled section provides a secure grip during use

http://leeprecision.com/primer-pocket-cleaner.html

Registered
Blazer also makes the 45's with small primers. I've got about 300 or so.

BW

Super Moderator
Most of my Blazer Brass is small primers. Federal has them also.

Registered
Blazer also makes the 45's with small primers. I've got about 300 or so.
BW
Exactly!
some federal and all blazer 45 acp cases that i have found that were brass were both small primer pockets, actually i am surprized that you didn't ignite a few of them!
you probally wasn't pushing hard enough!-LOL
as mentioned Blazer aluminum is non relaodable and they make them with two holes in the case (berdan primed) so people can't easily reload them, of course if you try then the deprimer will break so that warns you about that little problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts