Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know - off the top of their head - if Taurus has any stainless finishes that are tactical black?

JimL

·
Registered
279 Posts
i am not sure of any, but it would be nice to see some like the M&P's that S&W has out now.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fords4life said:
i am not sure of any, but it would be nice to see some like the M&P's that S&W has out now.
Hm, right now I could get an M&P for the same money as a 24/7, up the street on sale. Are they black stainless?

JimL

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
airwrench said:
JimL I have 2 m&ps. The .40 and .45 and the metal is a stainless with I believe its called melonite coating.
Melonite? A green gun? :D :bang: :loco:

JimL

·
21,932 Posts
The finish seems to be durable. I have been shooting the .40 for about a year in IPSC matches and it still has a like new finish. I have had the .45 only a couple of months and have not been able to do much shooting with it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
airwrench said:
Black Melon :???:
Sorry. You only said "melonite coating." Nothing about black. That apparently means something to people know what it is. :)

JimL

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
adam731432 said:
You can't melonite/tenifer or blue stainless steel, but it is a very good finish for non stainless.
I got a blue 24/7 because I don't care for a flashy gun. It occurs to me that stainless would be good inside and out, but I'd prefer black on the outside.

JimL

·
21,932 Posts
JimL I have a picture of my stainless 24/7 LS in the gallery. The only blued guns I own are a 1st gen pt92 that I have had for 20 years and a Ruger Mark 2 .22. All my other hanguns are stainless. Well except my 917c that has a nickel finish. :p

·
21,932 Posts
Mirror finish right out of the box. A sexy gun no dought. This is my truck gun for when I travel through the great Clayton County just south of Atlanta. I want the perps to see the whats coming. It came with a 20 rnd mag for supressing fire. Sometimes when I shoot it I hold it sideways and say bling bling when I pull the trigger.. :D :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Great now i have to buy another taurus,make that two. I want two 917's so i can hold one in each hand and get a dual sholder holsters! I gues i will just polish on my pt92 stainless to hold me off for a few weeks. Consecutive serial numbers and lasers would be cool. Also switch one of the magazine drop buttons to the other side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts