Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chadwick Boseman of MCU's "Black Panther" fame died of colon cancer on Friday, August 28.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/chadwick-boseman-dead-cancer-black-panther

I had no idea that he had cancer, and would never have thought someone as fit as he was would succumb so early in life.
Folks, please - don't ever hesitate to get a colonoscopy. Colon cancer is almost always easily treated if caught early.

·
Banned
153 Posts
i had not seen Black Panther, but i had seen his other movies.

i think he was a good actor.

colon cancer is indeed a killer, if left undetected or ignored for treatments, or one ignores the many warning signs..

it does too however, surprise me that such a younger person (than me) had it.

this is why years ago, when i was teaching truck driving, i made a joke to a student about the DOT physical.

he asked me what it entailed.

i jokingly said, "the usual heart, lungs, yte tests, and a prostrate exam"

he flipped out at the thought of such an exam (prostrate), but it was only a joke. he said, "ain't NO ONE gonna put something up my butt to check that"

i said, "but what if he finds cancer, you can start treatments EARLY and SURVIVE"..

he said, "i don't care, i'll die first"

so you see, ignorance is part of the problem in the human male's mind, of what and who, can go where and when.....

prostrate cancer also is curable if detected in time.

after i believe the age of 40, us guys really should get that checked out.

if i recall, for colon cancer, that is checked out after the age of 50, then every 5 years after that, unless the scope test, finds something to watch more often.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Really guys a colonoscopy is not that big of a deal. If they find something early enough they can cure it. $3 is way to youg to leave this world.
May he RIP.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,349 Posts
R.I.P.................:(

·
21,915 Posts
Folks, please - don't ever hesitate to get a colonoscopy. Colon cancer is almost always easily treated if caught early.
I was going to, but it turns out my doctor is really into birdwatching, and he's a doctor, so he's got money, anyway, I didn't really like the look of his camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
i had not seen Black Panther, but i had seen his other movies.

i think he was a good actor.

colon cancer is indeed a killer, if left undetected or ignored for treatments, or one ignores the many warning signs..

it does too however, surprise me that such a younger person (than me) had it.

this is why years ago, when i was teaching truck driving, i made a joke to a student about the DOT physical.

he asked me what it entailed.

i jokingly said, "the usual heart, lungs, yte tests, and a prostrate exam"

he flipped out at the thought of such an exam (prostrate), but it was only a joke. he said, "ain't NO ONE gonna put something up my butt to check that"

i said, "but what if he finds cancer, you can start treatments EARLY and SURVIVE"..

he said, "i don't care, i'll die first"

so you see, ignorance is part of the problem in the human male's mind, of what and who, can go where and when.....

prostrate cancer also is curable if detected in time.

after i believe the age of 40, us guys really should get that checked out.

if i recall, for colon cancer, that is checked out after the age of 50, then every 5 years after that, unless the scope test, finds something to watch more often.

When I had mine done last year they said every 7 years so YMMV.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I don't think they recommend a rear camera until after the age of fifty. I lost one of my life long friends to colon cancer. It took 12 years to kill him. The last two he laid in a bed gutted like a fish hooked up to a morphine pump.
My dads first cousin was first diagnosed and gone in six weeks.
I do the mail in fecal test once a year.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Colon cancer killed my dad when he was 50. By the time it was done with him he had wasted away to almost nothing.

My next colonoscopy is next week. Previous ones found only polyps and they cut them out during the exam. Mine are every 3 years unless no polyps, then five.

·
Super Moderator
13,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Colon cancer killed my dad when he was 50. By the time it was done with him he had wasted away to almost nothing.

My next colonoscopy is next week. Previous ones found only polyps and they cut them out during the exam. Mine are every 3 years unless no polyps, then five.
My grandmother survived her colon cancer when the surgeon removed 18 inches; she lived many years after. My mother died at 63 when the cancer spread from her colon to her liver, because she didn't get the exam and they didn't catch it in time.

I'm also at the five year interval, but when I first started the exams and they found polyps, it was every two years, then three, and now five. A lot of peace of mind - one day of drinking solution and not going out, one day for the exam (tell 'em you want to wake up in the recovery room in 10 seconds, and they'll oblige), and you're good to go.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Chadwick Boseman was an extremely talented actor, destined to be an acting legend. God rest his soul!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Man.. there's a lot of great actors out there. But he was genuinely a great human being and good man. I respect his decision to keep his battle with cancer his own, and how he helped to take on the mantle of protector and sympathizer with others in the same situation. He will be truly missed.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
My great granddad died at 55 from colon cancer. Got my granddad at 79. Took one of my aunts at 80. I get checked every three years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts