Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Channel 2 news here in Houston just reported that the FBI ran 129,000+ firearms background checks on Black Friday! Maybe we should rename it to "Black-powder Friday"!!

·
Registered
31,691 Posts
At one point after Obama got elected, I expected gun sales to surge and then eventually settle down. The fear factor however has turned from one of no longer being able to get the type of guns you may want, to one of actual fears of needing guns to protect yourself and your loved ones because of the policies brought about by those currently in DC and the economic mess not just in the USA, but the world in general. I've seen person after person who never had a desire or inclination of owning a gun now buying and asking for help or training with a gun. More women are now arming themselves. Many of these are senors. It doesn't speak well for the world we are living in today....but I'm proud of those who refuse to be willing victims!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly what the report stated!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Channel 2 news here in Houston just reported that the FBI ran 129,000+ firearms background checks on Black Friday! Maybe we should rename it to "Black-powder Friday"!!
Saw that too...

Black Friday in 2008 got 98,000 background checks for firearms!

BTW, where's Dominique? She's the only reason I watch channel 2 :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
One of those background checks came from my wife's new gun purchase. Tomorrow I'll tell her she's an important statistic.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Definitely a good statistic to see. Now if criminals would look at that stat, maybe they'll keep their heads low and learn how to shoot a gun properly for once. They're definitely gonna need it.

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saw that too...

Black Friday in 2008 got 98,000 background checks for firearms!

BTW, where's Dominique? She's the only reason I watch channel 2 :)

Not sure where she is and definitely understand what you are saying! I watch in the mornings just for the traffic report...Jennifer Reyna!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
At one point after Obama got elected, I expected gun sales to surge and then eventually settle down. The fear factor however has turned from one of no longer being able to get the type of guns you may want, to one of actual fears of needing guns to protect yourself and your loved ones because of the policies brought about by those currently in DC and the economic mess not just in the USA, but the world in general. I've seen person after person who never had a desire or inclination of owning a gun now buying and asking for help or training with a gun. More women are now arming themselves. Many of these are senors. It doesn't speak well for the world we are living in today....but I'm proud of those who refuse to be willing victims!
Praise the Lord,Pass the Ammo & Die with yer boots on.

It is about time folks realised we don't live in Mayberry and the Takers are active.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Call me crazy but I feel adversity breeds innovation and makes us stronger and I think *IF* our country survives this dark time were in (and have been for awhile) that our nation and Americans as a people will be better for it. I pray we will be anyhow...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts