·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tick tock.

·
Banned
5,818 Posts
I can't stand to wear a watch. I prefer a pocket watch. I know, it has nothing to do with the thread.

·
Super Moderator
13,814 Posts
Whenever I question the integrity of an unfamiliar business, I Google the name of the business and add the word reviews, critics or complaints. Naturally I discard both the over-the-top praises and gripes, but I get a good sense of the company that way. It works for me, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I can't stand to wear a watch. I prefer a pocket watch. I know, it has nothing to do with the thread.
I'll wear a pocket watch before a wrist watch.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I can't verify that particular company's legitimacy, but I can give you two examples of great quality products that don't cost an arm or leg:

1) Timex makes similar style watches and in great quality for around the same price. Just saying - you don't have to pay $300 for a nice looking watch that also works like it's supposed to.

Taurus handguns: Look at their products. Look at their customer service. Look at their warranty. Compare their prices with other manufacturers

·
Premium Member
11,018 Posts
I always end up destroying a wrist watch when I wear it at work. Therefore, whatever's cheap is what I get. That way, I can afford to buy replacements at the same time.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I wear Timex Iron-man or Indiglo series. They run from $30 to $50 depending on what model you get and hold up to more abuse than any other watch I have worn.
I have to replace them about every year, so $35 ( my average cost) ain't too bad.

The only problem with that series is they have a specific band shape so you just can't buy an ole replacement bands, You have to get that series and model specific replacement band - which is part of why I just buy a new one every years.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I bought this at WalMart a few years ago...still works, looks good.

Link to men's watches, filter on stainless between $20-50 at WalMart Watches - Walmart.com. I tend to like Swarvoski's designs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts