Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8,537 Posts
I did my part. Ordered a G2C from Brownells - after 2 codes got it shipped to my FFL got $187. With the rebate that makes a great value. But I didn;t stop there. New ATI adj stock for my Mossberg 20ga, single point sling for same. A beretta 92 action kit from Mcarbo. A Thunder ranch competition sear spring for my 1911. New 4X scope for my 10/22. spare mag for my Beretta 81. and a spare mag for my Regard. oh and 1000 Federal primers. I had $375 to spend this year and I still have $30 left.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Like all good "Mad Men," the firearm industry has to keep inventing new cartridges to sell new rifles. The 30.06 and 30-30 rounds have been amazing for well over a century. Earlier I gave in to the hype and bought a .224 Valkyrie. Then a friend showed me his 300 AAC Blackout shooting his suppressed hand-loaded subsonic rounds. I now have a reason to load my own 300 Blackout. And then one of the big box stores puts a 6.5mm Creedmoor on a Black Friday 6 hour Door Buster sale. I couldn't help myself. There ought to be a law limiting new cartridges to one every ten years. I could afford that. At the current rate, I'll be living under a bridge soon.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Gun Purchases

I'm not certain if this has been posted already or if it is considered political content. If it falls into either category, please, delete it as it will not hurt my feelings. I just thought the issue was interesting considering the current mindset.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gun-background-checks-are-on-pace-to-break-record-in-2019/ar-BBXIuah?ocid=spartandhp

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
Lord knows I've done my part this year.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Lord knows I've done my part this year.
Amen to that. And my wife doesn't know it yet, but Santa is probably going to bring me a RIA MAK22 SA this year. I just hope he can get it down the chimney without my wife finding out!

Ho, ho, ho!!

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
Black Friday Gun Sales Second Highest Sale Day Ever

I seems as though gun sales aren't slowing down in the least. We all saw the Obama and Hillary inspired gun sales, but Black Friday gun sales were the second largest ever according to NICS background check figures and I don't believe those figures represent all of the sales. They reported 202,465 sales. Many states, my own Pennsylvania included, do their own background checks and don't use the NICS system.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar...wsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=1219

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
I know our Florida background checks are done by FDLE, but I don't know if maybe they just ping the NICS. Maybe I'll ask the next time...

If the figures quoted do not include Florida gun purchases I will guaran-damn-tee they're way low!

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts
I punched the enter key for the Rossi 92...When I stopped into the range yesterday I asked the guys there is they saw a jump in business with people bringing in their Black Friday guns to give them their first run. They did note an increase in attendance. I expect Christmas will be busier also.

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
What do people do when they're not buying firearms, accessorizing them, shooting, hunting or reloading? Okay to be honest I also drink a lot of coffee, but there must be something else people do. I didn't quite buy one a week this past year, but it was very close. I really need to think about getting some help......picking my next gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts