Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to put this grip on a Taurus 605. It is a nice looking grip.

The info on their web-site references the S & W revolvers.

Information I received from the BK company indicate they are not famiular with the Taurus revolvers so do not know if they will fit or not.

The pictures on the S&W Forum show a well fitting grip on their revolvers. I sure would like to know if it would fit a Taurus.

http://www.bkgrips.com/
djh

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
The frames of the tauri are different from s&w. I think they could probably be made to fit but I doubt they would just bolt right on.

·
Registered
762 Posts
From the BK web page:

"FITTING OTHER MODELS: One tester has reported that the K frame adapter (I think it was) fits at least OK on an old H&R 38 Hammerless model. And there is a post on a Taurus forum reporting that the K adapter fits fine on a Taurus 80."

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
BK grip adapters were created by a member of one of the S&W Forums after hearing all the complaints about the customer service of the once great Tyler T-Grip company.

The original owner had died and there was a legal/financial mess with the family trying to keep the small company up and going and meeting back orders.

The owner of BK owns/works in an hi-tech injection molding company so he made the BK adapters out of polymer, which is easier to work with. Customer feed back on these adapters has been very good.

They are built as a tool and not for good looks so expect cosmetic flaws here and there.

Taurus has a number of current and discontinued models roughly the same size as S&W's small J frame & medium K & L framed revolvers; so BK grip adapters should work. They are made of polymer so if there is a bit of tweaking needed, it should not be a big problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts