Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took my new-to-me Taurus 66 to the range today. I had forgotten how much a .357 magnum recoiled! Put two cylinders of .38 special through it before I loaded it up with full power rounds. About three cyliders worth was all my old hands would take.Here are my targets:

38 special at 10 yards:

.357 at 10 yards:

Thay aren't great. Sights needed adjusting and I am way out of practice, but all in all, no problems. Super smooth trigger, obviously had some work done. So looking forward to many years of solid service from the jewel!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your 66! And don't worry too much about the targets. Unless my eyes deceive me, the bad guy standing in the same are of the target would not be a bad guy anymore! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day! I love shooting revolvers.

Reactions: Dennis2477

·
Registered
32,028 Posts
I shoot a S & W 66, K frame with 4" barrel. I know what you mean about shooting the 357 Magnums. My first shot will either be in the bulls eye or close to it. After that, the flinch factor just gets a little stronger with each shot. I want to order some +P+ and give them a try, except when hunting pigs, then it will be 357 mag all the way.

You will get a lot of enjoyment from your 66.

Reactions: Dennis2477

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
You know, I forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts