Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Charter Pathfinder .22 target revolver arrived today. My Wife told me, a few weeks ago that she wanted to buy me a "silver gun" for my combination present. I'm not really into shiny stuff (except for chrome on my motorcycles), so I had to do a bit of research. Initially, I was thinking a Taurus Tracker, but they are polished, and more money than I knew she wanted to spend...so. According to the NRA, this is the #5 best .22 revolver you can buy, and one of the very few with target adjustable sights...
I knew it was going to have ugly rubber grips, so I ordered a set of Thai hardwood grips. They arrived late last week (10 days shipping time!). So, here it is, with the new grips installed. Much to my surprise, it came with a set of snap caps already in the cylinder...Seems to have a very nice trigger...NRA said it was 4 1/2# pull, but it seems much lighter than that...

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
You lucky dog... A great Wheel Gun from a Fantastic Wife!!!

Reactions: Troll

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The grips came from Jaruwan.p a seller on eBay. His stuff has been reviewed on this forum before. The price was right ($31) and the shipping was free. I might sand the right side just a bit, they don't match 100% , maybe 99%...they are hand made...

·
8,897 Posts
Excellent choice, lots of plinking fun ahead.

·
Super Moderator
35,349 Posts
Great little plinker!!! I have a little Rossi 511 Sportsman that I love to ring my steel gong with, very accurate. I'd like a longer barreled gun like that Charter. :D But, I shoot my Rossi quite well with its 4" barrel.

Congrats on the new wheel gun. I'm a sucker for wheel guns. :D

Reactions: Troll

·
Registered
969 Posts
Very nice! I had one back in the mid 1980s, but I believe it had a 3" barrel Functioned great with a pretty decent trigger in both modes. It turned into part of a trade for a 5 1/2" Ruger Redhawk in .41 Magnum, so it was all good. I've bought .22 LR handguns since, revolver and auto but none of them have been DA revolvers. ;)

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
Congrats on your new revolver!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Nice gift,very nice.:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts