Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law has a RG mod. 26 .25 Cal ACP and he asked me to clean it for him and I said I would but I cant figure out how to get it apart has anyone had any experience with them I personally have only seen this one. Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
stolen from: https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?82736-RG-26-25-Cal-Slide-removal

"it can be a little tricky the first time but once u get it, its really quite easy. Remove the magazine and put the striker in the fired position. then while holding the latch up, push the slide back about .5 to .75 of an inch until it engages the striker guide on the inside. Then while keeping the latch engaged to the striker guide inside, let the slide come forward about .25 of an inch. This disengages the striker guide from its latch on the frame. Then lift the rear of the slide up and u can remove it in a forward direction. be careful not to loose the striker guide as it may pop off its spring"

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Super Moderator
36,396 Posts
^^ Sounds like you have to hold your mouth just right and toss salt over your shoulder! :D

Reactions: bigC and muddcatt54

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/rg/auto-pistols-rg/26-rg

Old school fractions.
Remove the magazine and put the striker in the fired position. then while holding the latch up, push the slide back about 1/2 an inch until it engages the striker guide on the inside. keep the latch engaged to the striker guide inside, let the slide come forward about 1//4 inch. This disengages the striker guide from its latch on the frame. Lift the rear of the slide up. You can remove it in a forward direction. The striker guide may pop off its spring. Don't lose it.

·
Super Moderator
36,396 Posts
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/rg/auto-pistols-rg/26-rg

Old school fractions.
Remove the magazine and put the striker in the fired position. then while holding the latch up, push the slide back about 1/2 an inch until it engages the striker guide on the inside. keep the latch engaged to the striker guide inside, let the slide come forward about 1//4 inch. This disengages the striker guide from its latch on the frame. Lift the rear of the slide up. You can remove it in a forward direction. The striker guide may pop off its spring. Don't lose it.

This sounds like a job best done with one's hands inside of a large plastic bag to contain potential errant parts.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
This sounds like a job best done with one's hands inside of a large plastic bag to contain potential errant parts.
Nothing like hunting all over the garage floor for a lost whatchamacallit. In amongst the sawdust, between the reloading bench and the garden tools.. Sounds like YOU have done it, too, CB. (They oughta start a club for guys like us who have had the ex0erience)

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
You Tube videos are your friend.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Guy's thanks for all the input it really did the trick. it doesn't get any better than having friends sharing their knowledge I would never have figured it out.
I know for a fact that it hasn't been apart in at least 37 years and there is a good chance it has never been apart after leaving the factory. It don't see a lot of use he still has the box of ammo he bought with the gun with over half the box still left but I'll fix that. He has a 44-40 I have been bugging him to let me shoot since 1995 I finally got my hands on it last fall its a shooter he dont like to shoot guns he has to buy ammo for but he'll shoot the dickens out of my free 9mm reloads, the thing is he has more money than Scrooge and thats why
THANKS AGAIN I think I got it

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing like hunting all over the garage floor for a lost whatchamacallit. In amongst the sawdust, between the reloading bench and the garden tools.. Sounds like YOU have done it, too, CB. (They oughta start a club for guys like us who have had the ex0erience)
Been there more times than I like to admit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts