Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I'd be afraid to go in the water after I saw that.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
18,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have the freshwater version here, also called drums and croakers. Sorta' like a cross between a sucker and a carp. Trash fish but they all can get pretty big. Really about as much fun to catch as a log, though.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I hate sheephead. They would bite my black dot gloves finger tips when I worked underwater in the oilfields in the gulf of Mexico. Nasty oily trash fish.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I caught a sheepshead about half that size many years ago while pier fishing. Was about to throw it back when an Asian man asked if he could have it. Sure, here ya go, buddy. He claimed they were really tasty if you know how to cook them properly.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I caught a sheepshead about half that size many years ago while pier fishing. Was about to throw it back when an Asian man asked if he could have it. Sure, here ya go, buddy. He claimed they were really tasty if you know how to cook them properly.

So are raccoons, possums and many parts of a pine tree. LOL. Back in the 80's and 90's somebody in my circle of family and friends were placing first or second in the AL,MS fishing rodeos every year. A few of use still hold state records in MS. We worked offshore and played offshore. I get a good laugh watching National geographic show underwater stuff in the gulf and call it very rare and I would see it regularly. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts