Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
That's awesome! My mom is going to be taking her class next month. I already have mine, but gonna call and see if they'll let me sit in so she doesn't have to go by herself.. Also, I had a crappy class, so wouldn't mind more info and insights

·
Administrator
42,822 Posts
Good for her! Wish my wife would get hers, but she has no interest. I recently coached one of her friends on the shooting portion of the class. Never saw anyone as nervous as she was about qualifying. She did well though, and all is good. I'm trying to convince her, that she should practice with her carry firearm at least monthly. We'll see.

Reactions: rago

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congrats let her know we are proud of her.

One has to practice and one has to practice with ones carry. My husband laughs that I can knock the legs off a fly with my ruger mark II but this isn't the same as shooting with my carry gun. I shoot the one for pleasure and I shoot the other for protection. Practice, practice, practice is the only thing that makes us better and keeps us strong.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great! My birthday present today is my wife coming to the range with me to shoot. Hope to get her interested enough to want her own weapon and take a class, but will be happy if she learns to shoot the "house gun": Springfield XD45. I am also bringing my PT740 and a NAA 22Mag for her to try. The 45 recoil is not sharp, but a hard push and shes not a "sissy" girl so I believe she can handle it. Otherwise,I told her, we'll just have to buy another weapon for her! Oh darn. :)

·
Registered
19,174 Posts
Congrats on her taking the class. Hope she enjoys the class.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I forgot to mentioned she had a case ruptured during the shooting phase. Using a box of Ultramax reloaded ammunition. No damage to her or the pistol other than soot marks on her hand and face, but it did get our attention since I'm also the RSO for the class.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good deal.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Good for her, and for you. It is an exciting and wondrous time. She's taking on a great load, so hold her close.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went to the LGS today and bought my wife a present for passing her CHL test. A S&W model 642 Airweight. She wanted something lighter than her model 60 and also hammerless for her new CCW.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wife went with me to the range and had a good time...However...she couldnt hit the target with any of my semi-auto's! A friend had his wife and a model 85 with which she proceded to empty 3 cylinders into the red and 9-ring leaving a 3-4inch group. The lady needs a revolver! Good husband that I am, bought her a 605 Poly the next day. She is eagerly loooking forward to shooting it for the first time. Range time is tonite and I have no doubt she will love it!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.