Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Just how far away from "1984" would you say we are already?!?!?

I don't think we are too close yet, but so far we don't seem to have too big a deal with setting up all the right steps to take us there...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It gives me a certain amount of comfort to know that Homeland Security is monitoring these sites.

I am definitely for any measure that has the potential to intercept messages between miscreants and terrorists who are hell-bent on plotting together to wreak havoc, mayhem, death and destruction upon the American people...and to seek the devils out and neutralize their demonic plans.

This is just one American's opinion, folks, and not necessarily the views of management, as they say in disclaimers.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
1984?

Where would we be without all of "Big Brothers Programs" to support the immigrants both legal and illegal, the druggies, the drug dealers, those too lazy or dumb to work, not to mention the women who earn a living from the government by laying on their backs and shelling out rug rats? Hell I can't even pee without the government telling me what kind a septic system I must have and where to put it!!!!

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
I've seen software from an unnamed company that can scrub Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media site and not only identify you but identify your posts, but your deleted posts, pictures, and everything else you've said or done. It's spooky stuff.

Reactions: mesadeldoug

·
35,996 Posts
I've seen software from an unnamed company that can scrub Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media site and not only identify you but identify your posts, but your deleted posts, pictures, and everything else you've said or done. It's spooky stuff.
Is this in the private sector, or in some government agency?

If it is in the private sector, this really is scary!

·
Super Moderator
35,544 Posts
The next thing you know it will be "The Minority Report" and our beneficent government will be prosecuting pre-crime.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
While visiting a forum on the CTD site a message popped up. Whoever it was knew my IP address and my IP provider. Scary stuff!

·
35,996 Posts
Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG
Just log on as an illegal alien...they'll never find you...

Unless they want you to vote for them..................
twice

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Is this in the private sector, or in some government agency?

If it is in the private sector, this really is scary!
I'm a hundred and 180 degrees on that!

If its the private sector so be it. If I publish it to the public, its my choice and they are at no fault for researching it!

If it's the government, thats scary! (though the argument still holds that I published it so it's down to my fault, but I just don't like that kind of power in government/politician/bureaucrat hands!) It's not illegal for the gov to do it if I publish it publicly, the 4th amendment protects against private papers and correspondence not public domain information. It's just creepy if the gov does it! Just my 2 cents though!

The moral of the story.. if you don't want anyone to know, don't put it online!

Reactions: Wolf1477
1 - 15 of 15 Posts