Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life will find a way. - Michael Crichton

t-rex in texas.jpg

IIt is interesting to note that Texas has long supposedly been the haunt of a cryptid called the Mountain Boomer, which are said to lurk mostly in the rugged mountain wilderness of the Big Bend region, near Big Bend National Park. The Mountain Boomers are said to stand between 5 to 7 feet tall and look like a miniature T. rex, with a bipedal gait, long tapered tail, powerful hind legs, and tiny fore legs tipped with sharp claws. Some reports mention large flaps of skin above and below the head, and the creature is said to sometimes emit a low, booming howl which has been described as sounding like a rumbling distant thunder. These creatures are said to be mostly shy and elusive, but one report from the early 1970s claimed that one actually ran a car off of the road. Is there any relation between the reports we have looked at here and the Mountain Boomer? What are we dealing with here?

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
Illegal aliens in costume? Sneaking in through the southern Texas border?

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Isn't Photoshop a wonderful program to play with?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I grew up not too far from Big Bend (by Texas standards at least), and I've never heard of anything like that before. Only large creatures I've run into in the park have been deer, black bears, and one very speedy mountain lion.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
They are extinct.

Wampus cats and skunk apes teamed up and took a trip west to take care of them.

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
Wait a minute ... I just noticed the most shocking feature in this photo ... does Texas really have a mountain??!!

·
Premium Member
11,071 Posts
Something similar was recently seen at a RV campground.

Oh, I know. Let's go camping for the weekend, where the dinos live, and leave the 44mag at home.

If the Jurassic Park scenario played out in real life, a semi auto 300 win mag would be the most popular selling rifle in America.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I grew up not too far from Big Bend (by Texas standards at least), and I've never heard of anything like that before. Only large creatures I've run into in the park have been deer, black bears, and one very speedy mountain lion.
You don't get out much.

Reactions: whichfinger

·
Registered
31,903 Posts

Reactions: whichfinger
1 - 20 of 25 Posts