Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake City Arsenal manufactures about 30% of the 5.56X45 available to the public.

Biden orders Lake City Arsenal to stop selling 5.56X45 ammunition to public

Does this guy just wake up in the morning and think, "Gee, what can I do to screw Americans over TODAY?"

Now I realize, there are some people about this board (lurkers, et al.) who question the need for the public to have an MSR, and are likely to be fine with extending that to the 5.56.

A few others will say there's still the .223 -- so what's the big deal?

More extra-legislative/extra-Constitutional implementing of an ideology. That's what.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do think that other manufacturers will keep up but it will affect price and may affect availability overall and especially of the green tip rounds.
I don't see how the other manufacturers can fill in a 30% hole in supply.

Super Moderator
I've been buying M193 and M855 by the case for $0.58 a round, shipping included made by IMI from Sgammo.
Could you give a link please.

Reactions: HappyTom

Registered
Lake City Arsenal manufactures about 30% of the 5.56X45 available to the public.

Biden orders Lake City Arsenal to stop selling 5.56X45 ammunition to public

Does this guy just wake up in the morning and think, "Gee, what can I do to screw Americans over TODAY?"

Now I realize, there are some people about this board (lurkers, et al.) who question the need for the public to have an MSR, and are likely to be fine with extending that to the 5.56.

A few others will say there's still the .223 -- so what's the big deal?

More extra-legislative/extra-Constitutional implementing of an ideology. That's what.
You need to understand something.. if you look at the past campaign web site that is still online, right on that page it states the banning of "all" online ammo sales and gun parts. "
End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts." Source: https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Registered
Man, all those folks who voted for Biden just to spite Trump sure showed him, huh?

But seriously, at times like these I would love to know how the folks who argued with me prior to the election about how they were voting for Biden despite his policies on Gun Control because; "there's more at stake" feel about their decision.

Oh, who am I kidding, they'll do what every remorseful Biden voter does, pass the buck by jumping on board the ol' stolen election bandwagon, as if that excuses their legitimate votes in his favor.

Registered

The M855 is up to $0.60 a round.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

Registered
If someone goes into lunatic mode in a building and starts shooting people with a twelve gauge with 0 buckshot people will start wondering what the big problem with the AR-15 was.

Lots worse weapons and rounds out there than the 5.56/.223. Press and libs have hyped these things into the penultimate killing machine.

Registered
I just realized something... Why 5.56? Wasn't Sleepy Joe just telling us about how 9mm was the killer round that will blow the lungs right out of a person's torso?

Registered
The real question should be: how does this keep ammo away from someone contemplating mass murder?
Answer: It doesn't. Such people are obviously highly motivated and will be willing to pay whatever cost increase results.
Like all anti-gun actions, the result is just to make things harder for law-abiding citizens without impacting the real issues.

Registered
I'm hoarding pencils, just in case they watch John Wick.

Registered
The real question should be: how does this keep ammo away from someone contemplating mass murder?
Answer: It doesn't. Such people are obviously highly motivated and will be willing to pay whatever cost increase results.
Like all anti-gun actions, the result is just to make things harder for law-abiding citizens without impacting the real issues.
People fear the unknown. The less intelligent they are, the more they fear.

Administrator
Anytime the government can dry up 30% of an industry, no matter what that industry is, it's more than concerning, no matter who you are. This is the stuff that starts panic buying and if it happens, that buying will last indefinitely.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
If someone goes into lunatic mode in a building and starts shooting people with a twelve gauge with 0 buckshot people will start wondering what the big problem with the AR-15 was.

Lots worse weapons and rounds out there than the 5.56/.223. Press and libs have hyped these things into the penultimate killing machine.
It would be less of a problem if ineffective solutions were recognized for their failure and ended. But when such restrictions prove to be useless, the answer will be to ADD more restrictions, not end the ones that didn't work.

Registered
People fear the unknown. The less intelligent they are, the more they fear.
Tie that in with the Dunning-Kruger Effect and you have defined American politics.

Registered
Biden wants to ban everything with a number that's higher than his IQ, I hear the double-naught spies are next.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts