1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Now that is how it should work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The comments on that page are sad. People defending the kid obviously. Glad to see the man defended himself. Seriously? 65 year olds can't go out on a bike ride anymore?

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
And that folks is why I ride armed....

!cid_5DFEAEB42BCA4E7EB1B650D599C7CCA8@DanJanH.jpg

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Wonder what the punks thought they would get off a guy riding his bike for exercise? Well they got a gut full of lead unfortunately.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
I have absolutely no sympathy for the teenagers that were shot. The one that died apparently had a history of juvenile crime as he was wearing a tracking device and was on probation. They got what they deserved. They had just done the same to two other riders on that trail before they jumped the guy that shot them. 16 year old teenagers think they are invincible and that they can fight, talk, or tap dance their way out of anything. My only hope is that this will stand as a lesson to other teens and make them think before they act. Probably not but, we can always hope. I'm sure their parents and relatives are going to feel real bad and for them I do have some sympathy. I know that ultimately the parent is responsible for the actions of their minor children, and I'm sure their parenting skills and tactics contributed to the problems with their children. They are now bearing the weight of their choices and will do so for the rest of their lives. Losing one of your children is hard no matter what the circumstance, and for that I have some sympathy. It's a big price to pay for a lesson learned.

As for the shooter, I'm sure this won't sit real well with him either. But, I do commend him for his willingness to fight back and not allow others to harm him. It also sounds like he had practiced his SD techniques pretty well. He fired twice and both shots were enough to stop his attackers. He also responded to the police with the right reply. I feared for my life. This is a perfect example of why we need to train if we are going to carry. You are riding your bicycle down a trail minding yuor own business and some fool punches you in the side of the head knocking you off your bike. Then, before you can figure out what happened there are three guys stomping you and punching you. If you didn't have some previous training and a muscle memory reaction to draw your weapon and fire, you would be very unlikely to be able to think that through under those circumstances. I'm glad this man survived and I'm glad that these dirt bags won't be assaulting any more senior citizens for a long time to come.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Wonder what the punks thought they would get off a guy riding his bike for exercise? Well they got a gut full of lead unfortunately.
Most trail riders carry about $20 and a credit card along with their ID and cell phone. Credit cards, drivers licenses, phones, and cash all have a value on the street. If the guy was carrying a debit card or an ATM card the bad guys would have tried to beat the pin number out of the old man. Drivers licenses and cell phones get sold to illegal aliens, and credit cards used at gas stations and Walmart. So, even though it seems like there wouldn't be much to steal, for a 16 year old that still represents enough quick money to make them happy.

Reactions: JimmyA
1 - 7 of 7 Posts