Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days before I retired 3 weeks ago my son asked if he could use my truck to bring home a pressure washer from work. With unwarranted trust I told him sure ( his truck was in the shop with a bad transmission ). Since then he has never been able to find the time to pressure wash the outside of the house and decks. Every weekend he had things to do so I finally did it myself. I have been fooled into it, it was me taking care of one of his honey doos. Once I complained that I needed an empty truck to load the canoe into so I could fish. That's when he told me that it took four guys to load it because it weighs almost 300lbs. Finally I have my truck to myself and the outside of the house is cleaner than it's been in years. A few minutes ago I loaded up my canoe, fishing gear and bait to hit the lake at day break. :D

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
My oldest son and I will be out on the creek, which is the size of some rivers, in the morning trying our luck at bass fishing. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
Fishing will not open til Mothers Day here.

·
Super Moderator
19,747 Posts
A couple of days before I retired 3 weeks ago my son asked if he could use my truck to bring home a pressure washer from work. With unwarranted trust I told him sure ( his truck was in the shop with a bad transmission ). Since then he has never been able to find the time to pressure wash the outside of the house and decks. Every weekend he had things to do so I finally did it myself. I have been fooled into it, it was me taking care of one of his honey doos. Once I complained that I needed an empty truck to load the canoe into so I could fish. That's when he told me that it took four guys to load it because it weighs almost 300lbs. Finally I have my truck to myself and the outside of the house is cleaner than it's been in years. A few minutes ago I loaded up my canoe, fishing gear and bait to hit the lake at day break. :D
Congrats on the retirement! I bought a new truck just before I retired, but, unlike you, I guess, all our young'uns are grown and outta the house. Also, they know not to ask to borrow my truck - they know I'm peculiar about that. My wife has never even drove it as she's afraid of it. Not sure why since she piloted the full size Suburban as a "soccer mom" whilst the young'uns were a'growin' up.:D

Reactions: SixFalls and Denton

·
Super Moderator
13,825 Posts
What y'all call a creek and a river, would be considered a major water event in New Mexico. May I present, for your viewing pleasure, the Rio Puerco located west of Albuquerque.

That little bit of water you see, is there only after a rain storm somewhere in the surrounding 20 miles. It will be dry again in just a few days. Canoes and fishing? I laugh, as I experience more than a little jealousy for those of you in wetter climes.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
This picture is taken of Black Creek at the boat ramp where I put in.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What y'all call a creek and a river, would be considered a major water event in New Mexico. May I present, for your viewing pleasure, the Rio Puerco located west of Albuquerque.

That little bit of water you see, is there only after a rain storm somewhere in the surrounding 20 miles. It will be dry again in just a few days. Canoes and fishing? I laugh, as I experience more than a little jealousy for those of you in wetter climes.
In 1971 while driving back from a surfing trip to California we got stuck in the Texas Hill Country by flooding from a tropical storm. We drove up to a low water crossing on the Dry Frio River and could go no further having just crossed another that scared the crap out of us when the van started moving sideways during the crossing. Being bored the next morning we grabbed our boards and started playing in the water. A little while later a Sheriff drove up and saw us in the water. He told us that he had lived in that county his whole life and never expected to see surfers on the Dry Frio. It was great fun.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I don't want to fish, but just relaxing out in the middle of a lake sounds like fun. Lay back, look at the sky, and ponder the meaning of Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God."

Reactions: Stroker

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
A simple "NO" would suffice. When the "Why?" comes, ask if they would make a payment for you. It works well.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

What you have there is a "dry wash" that has turned into a "crick". Got one out back of the house here in Phoenix.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts