Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. get your mind out of the gutter...

"Already, prices are rising at the wholesale level. The cost of a metric ton of E.V.O.O. hit $4,281.95 at the end of November, up 18.5% from $3,613.35 at the end of 2013, according to data compiled by the International Monetary Fund. That was the highest level since the summer of 2008.

While consumers who have switched to olive oil for cooking are unlikely to reverse course, some restaurants may be likely to trade down to less expensive products, said Balch. There, she said, blends are popular, such as those that are just 25% olive oil and 75% canola oil."

While crude oil plummets, the price of olive oil is skyrocketing - MarketWatch

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Holy cow! I wonder if the price of those jumbo martini olives is going up, too!;)

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Good thing the world's economy doesn't revolve around Olive Oil. If fact, there already exists some nice Olive canola oil blends for cooking.

·
Super Moderator
17,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy cow! I wonder ic the price of those jumbo martini olives is going up, too!;)
Probably. No intel on pimentos though. According to the article the increases should hit in a couple of months. I'm not going crazy but I'll buy a couple of extra bottles next trip to the store. The stuff is kind of expensive as it is.

·
Super Moderator
17,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good thing the world's economy doesn't revolve around Olive Oil.
Yeah, but my kitchen does. Since before Rachael Ray was even born.

In fact, there already exists some nice Olive canola oil blends for cooking.
Oh, the horror.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Ugh - canola oil - guess you need to get used to it. I can't, tho' - I have olive oil in my blood - I'm half Italian, so that explains it!

And kschilk, I LOVED Olive Oyl as a kid! Although I am the antithesis of what she looks like! :D

·
Registered
18,569 Posts
I never understood what Popeye saw in that woman. :loco:
Yeah and what gets me, is that Popeye and Bluto (Brutus) were always fightin' over her. :unsure: Must be pretty slim pickins, when it comes to women in the cartoon world.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, I guess I will have to buy a can of lard!:shocked:

Reactions: MadKaw and gbusmech

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
We use a metric ton of the stuff per year!

:D well maybe not that much but a lot. :D. We used it even before it's current spike in popularity. :D On Main Street we have an olive oil store that sells all kinds of the stuff. Lots of pure olive oiles as well as infused oils. They also have a great selection of balsamic vinegars.

Reactions: Sekol and mingaa

·
Registered
14,702 Posts
I don't have anything against Olive Oil but it seems like we always get Corn Oil instead.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Holy cow! I wonder if the price of those jumbo martini olives is going up, too!;)
Getting to the heart of what really matters.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,561 Posts

Yep - DH keeps a jar of Bombay Sapphire Gin into which he shoves as many giant olives as possible.

and this is my absolute favorite olive oil - no bitter taste at all, great for so many things - salads, baking, sauteing- and yes - it's Italian!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts