Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where are you buying your ammo? I've found that most shops by me have decent prices on target ammo but not the quantity. And most web sites really aren't really that much more inexpensive and shipping prices aren't great. So what are some of your go to sites for whole sale ammo?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
It might help if you were a bit more specific what you were looking for. Pistol, rifle? Calibers - range or SD?

There are a LOT of good sights but stock varies. Many track down items and sales using ammo search engine - some of those are quite good!

I reload so I may not be the best source for current hot sights. Ammoseek comes to mind, wikiarms...

Bet you are flooded shortly with more than I know!

Reactions: oso

·
Registered
29,862 Posts
When you do decide on a wholesaler, it helps to have a few local buddies willing to go in with you on the purchase. Bulk orders of 5 - 10,000 rounds tend to be much less when split 4 or 5 ways.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The place I buy ammo online is Freedom Munitions. They sell some new and some remanufactured ammo. Their reman is as good as factory as far as I am concerned. I've heard on here that Georgia Arms is good and I believe that LAX Ammunition has good prices also. There are sites like gunbot.com that show who has the best prices.

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
So where are you buying your ammo? I've found that most shops by me have decent prices on target ammo but not the quantity. And most web sites really aren't really that much more inexpensive and shipping prices aren't great. So what are some of your go to sites for whole sale ammo?
I say call Georgia arms and see what they will sale you X number of rounds for, then drive out to Carrolton and pick it up and save shipping packing charge, course you are going to pay sales tax ---unless you truly are a wholesaler and have a tax ID number.
I doubt if you are going to get a really better deal on ammo unless you are buying many thousands of rounds, A 500 & 1000 round case lots aren't going to impress a manufacture.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I say call Georgia arms and see what they will sale you X number of rounds for, then drive out to Carrolton and pick it up and save shipping packing charge, course you are going to pay sales tax ---unless you truly are a wholesaler and have a tax ID number.
I doubt if you are going to get a really better deal on ammo unless you are buying many thousands of rounds, A 500 & 1000 round case lots aren't going to impress a manufacture.
That's a plan!! Freedom and Georgia are two top sellers in the 'reman' category!! I've sot 'em both at the range AND in competition.

·
Super Moderator
17,631 Posts

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Use www.gunbot.net; they will give you a listing of the best available pricing...

Reactions: HvyMetal
1 - 11 of 11 Posts