Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just baught Tauruspt809 and awaiting to get it off layaway.. Got the green dot laser already on the way also, and I'm wondering what would be the best way to sight in this laser... I was thinking about buying a bore laser in red. Turn both on and match the green laser with the red bore laser.. Is this what I should do? Any other suggestions are greatly accepted! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
The bore laser is a good idea if you can find one short enough to fit in a handgun barrel and remain stable. I think they make some that look like an actual cartridge. You might also us your sight alignment for a starting point and go from there.

Reactions: Lil Beaver

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
I just lined the laser up with where the sights were pointing, then put a few shots on paper to dial it in.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
I have a laser bore sight that I sighted the laser on my Walther P22, laser and red dot on my Hi-Point, and reflex sight on my Mossberg. Definitely a good investment IMO, costs way less than burning ammo trying to lock it in. I only have red lasers, so i sighted them to 10 yards and put the red dot/reflex sights out to 50 yards. I think mine cost me $30 at Walmart for a Center Point branded one, works well for my needs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ditto on the above, bore lasers work great. Saves time and ammo dollars and you can sight in at your preferred/comfortable distance.

Reactions: TrailseekingTB

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info!! And I think I'm gonna lean towards the bullet looking bore laser and sight them that way... Maybe then if it still isn't perfect I'll cap some off and dial it in a bit more.. Thanks for the help.. Any one know of the best bore laser around? Money-wise one that looks like a bullet so I can just load it like a bullet and it will stay in bore nice and firm..? Don't Mind ordering one either so if that's a possibility... I just look on amazon but there is many different kinds so I wanna make sure I get a good one.. thanks

·
Registered
30,367 Posts
I'm a big fan of the magnetic bore sighter. It attaches to the end of any barrel and then you just adjust the laser sight so that the dots are offset by the same amount as the lasers. For SD distances that is all that is necessary.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a big fan of the magnetic bore sighter. It attaches to the end of any barrel and then you just adjust the laser sight so that the dots are offset by the same amount as the lasers. For SD distances that is all that is necessary.
So from what I understand, sight the green dot I am gonna keep on it just like a inch below that red dot the magnetic one produces?? and how does it work on pistols, I might not be looking at it right but it seems like that cupling won't allow the bore laser to go over the slide assembly also..

·
Registered
30,367 Posts
So from what I understand, sight the green dot I am gonna keep on it just like a inch below that red dot the magnetic one produces?? and how does it work on pistols, I might not be looking at it right but it seems like that cupling won't allow the bore laser to go over the slide assembly also..
The barrel sticks a fraction of an inch past the slide - I've never had a problem. And yes, for pistol measure as best you can the offset of the laser diode from the barrel and make a paper target with two dots offset by that much. Line up one laser with each dot.
For rifles I ignore offset since I have to compensate for drop anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright thanks for the suggestions, Since I'm cheap and don't wanna spend anymore I might just try first to sight it with the iron sights, gonna try to find someone in the area with a handgun mount so maybe I can mount it solid and fire it once and then align the laser into the whole that was fired.. Also got my NcStar Green Ultra Compact laser in yesterday.. Had some time to play with it, and Idk.... Maybe the battery it came with is just weak.. Because I can see it fine in the dark but in the day light it just sucks... anyone know if maybe it just needs new battery or if I just need a new laser all together.. haha

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
You'll love this. I have a Quick Disconnect Laserlyte. I carefully shot at 15 feet using my range bag as a rest (old briefcase). I aimed the light at the center of an N.R.A. pistol target. The shots were at about 5-6 inches to 9 o'clock. When I got home, I took the laser off the gun and put it on a table at about the same distance. I then taped the target on the living room wall with the dot in the center of the target. Holding the laser steady, I moved the dot to the center of the group using the Allen wrench. I re-mounted it on the gun. To quote that famous T.V. cop, Hunter. "Works For Me".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The barrel sticks a fraction of an inch past the slide - I've never had a problem. And yes, for pistol measure as best you can the offset of the laser diode from the barrel and make a paper target with two dots offset by that much. Line up one laser with each dot.
For rifles I ignore offset since I have to compensate for drop anyway.
Alright cool. Thanks for all the suggestions, sorry If I reply twice my computer is acting weird.. But I got my new laser in yesterday and got to play with it a little last night and it worked awesome in the dark. But messed with it in the light today and It sucked!!! Couldn't see the dot when it was more than 5-6 feet away from me... NcStar UltraCompact Green laser, Idk if the battery it came with is just crummy or if It is the laser all together, anyone know anything about the lasers? I baught it for $48 I believe?.... on Amazon but idk maybe its just the laser. Really want a green laser but don't wanna spend more than $100 bucks on one

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You'll love this. I have a Quick Disconnect Laserlyte. I carefully shot at 15 feet using my range bag as a rest (old briefcase). I aimed the light at the center of an N.R.A. pistol target. The shots were at about 5-6 inches to 9 o'clock. When I got home, I took the laser off the gun and put it on a table at about the same distance. I then taped the target on the living room wall with the dot in the center of the target. Holding the laser steady, I moved the dot to the center of the group using the Allen wrench. I re-mounted it on the gun. To quote that famous T.V. cop, Hunter. "Works For Me".
Wow that's some trick lol.. I don't think I'll be able to do all that but that is awesome, I'll give it a thought!! LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.