Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I wait for my CWP, I have been pondering how I should have my 24/7 carried.
Locked and loaded for sure, but safety on/off? Decocked? A combination of those?
Opinions please.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Which ever way you decide to carry, be consistent, and train the way you will carry. Personally, I carry my 24/7 Pro C DS .40, condition 1 safety off. If you decide to carry with safety on, be sure to train with saftety on when you draw. If you carry decocked, train with the double action pull everytime for your first shot. Its ultimately your decision, based on what you are comfortable with. Be safe.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Blackpony has it right. Train one way until you're utterly comfortable with it.

I was convinced early on to go with one in the chamber and safety on, and that's the way I practice.
My pt111 does not have a decocker so I can't train that way, but it is good for some people.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the same gun, and figured I would carry with on in the chamber cocked and safety on. Been training that way @ the range, figure its the best for me.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I carry my 24/7 decocked and safety on, that way I always expect a double action on the first round and I have become very proficient removing the safety while coming to point. Just practice whatever you feel comfortable with. The advantage of your gun is the fact that you have several options, just try them all and pick the one you like the most.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't like to have to mess with the safety, so I carry my 24/7 c with one in the chamber and decocked.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't have 24/7, but I do have a PT145 and an OSS45 that essentially split carry duty 60/30 (the last 10 percent is when my clothing does not allow for either of those and then I go with the PF9). Both are carried +1 and safety off. Good belt, good holster, and keep your finger off the trigger works for me. Controlling my trigger finger has proven to be faster and more reliable than flipping off the safety. YMMV

·
Registered
27,138 Posts
I carry mine decocked - safety on. As has been pointed out - it's a matter of training. Train to take the safety off. Tis better to take off a safety that doesn't need to be taken off, than to not take off a safety that should have been.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts