Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hmmm - must need a phone software update - pics don't show. Now I'm curious - time to head for the big box!! I'm thinking MO is top 5 - we'll see in a moment!

·
Administrator
40,252 Posts
My state was 15th. Surprising, but not bad at all.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Thanks for posting the link..

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
KY #5. I knew we were a great gun state but I didn't think we would be that high

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I think New Hampshire should rank higher and Vermont lower if long range predictions are taken into account. Vermont has no pro-gun infrastructure to protect gun rights and with a very high percentage of liberal residents it could become another California overnight. New Hampshire on the the other hand has a strong pro-gun infrastructure and very active pro-gun politicians (yes as well as the anti-gun ones), has a strong libertarian "leave us alone" attitude and is the home of the Free State movement. And it is the only New England state that is growing in population, despite whining about liberals moving in there are large numbers of frustrated centrists and conservatives moving in too who want small government. And as far as Arizona being Number One that won't last long with the shifting demographics in that state, it is destined to go blue some day.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Ohio was 35 surprising to me.

Reactions: pt1115277

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Some of the ones that beat out Texas AL and SC may be great for people in their state, but have reciprocity with fewer states.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Surprised Illinois made it as high as it did.

I do think they put too much credence on the amount of gun owners in a state as opposed to the laws on the books and the general attitude by law makers towards guns. JMO

Reactions: John.w and darbo

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Texas didn't make the top 10! NUTS! It would have if we had Open Carry, which we haven't had since 1873 thanks to a bunch of CARPETBAGGERS. What I found interesting is the number of states that scored 45 (Texas was one of them). Might be a bit of an inadvertent bias there. :'(

Reactions: darbo and btleslie

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Once you get into the teens the states are very strong in their commitment to gun laws and ownership. MO scores 47/50 along with a number of other states.

A couple of tidbits from the article:

Rhode Island’s Castle Doctrine is limited to the inside of a dwelling or a chicken coop,

Delaware - Civilian ownership of Class 3 weapons allowed for “research purposes” only; otherwise, it's a felony.

In Idaho, shootings may be justified if defending your home against “tumultuous entry,” and whether or not you have a duty to retreat is vague

Florida has a Stand Your Ground law made famous in the Trayvon Martin case. Only 25 percent of Florida residents are gun owners. (but most CCWs and going up!)

Wyoming has the highest percentage of gun owners per capita—60 percent—of any state.

AND THE #1 STATE FOR GUN OWNERSHIP IS___________________________!!! (fill it in before you look!) hehe :cool:

Reactions: darbo and AZM66

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
OK looking back over the scoring I noticed RI's castle doctrine only covers houses and chicken coops??? :D

Reactions: darbo and mingaa

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
MO is #9, beat out TX. AL is #7 :)
Both among 5 states scoring a solid 47!

"A new bill was just introduced in the Missouri state legislature that would send lawmakers who introduce anti-gun legislation to prison, a week after a group of Democrats from St. Louis introduced an Assault Weapons Ban—which will get nowhere in the Republican-controlled state house." YEAH!

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
And if S.115 makes it through to Gov. Haley, we'll move up in rank.
That's the Constitutional Carry Bill.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Not surprisingly, Alabama was in the top ten (#7).

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Any state that allows an honest law abiding citizen to exercise their second amendment rights to the fullest,
works just fine for me! I haven't even looked at the poll yet; but that's my stand on it! ;)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts