Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PT111 has the dovetail and I'd like to place night sights on it but there aren't a lot of options out there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Heine makes the only dovetailed night sights for the Millennium series specifically that I know of. You could fit some other night sights, though you'd have to do some research into the sizing.

·
Registered
438 Posts
williams makes there sights in a dovetail version now, i have ordered them and will post a response once i have used them. you can look at them at optics planet .com

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Only problem is Williams sights are fiber optic tubes and not night sights. They're great in the daylight but useless in low-light.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NYPD in AZ said:
Only problem is Williams sights are fiber optic tubes and not night sights. They're great in the daylight but useless in low-light.
I've considered the Williams. Thought they would be "useless" in the dark and but OK in low light. Do they need light to charge up?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Vipereater said:
I've considered the Williams. Thought they would be "useless" in the dark and but OK in low light. Do they need light to charge up?
They don't "charge". It's a fiber optic tube which requires light flowing through it to be seen. Without light flowing through the sight they will not be seen.

·
Registered
438 Posts
williams does not offer the sights in any other color than green rears and red front, however you can buy replacement fiber optic tubes and switch it out my dad has tru glo sights on his buckmark and his fit the williams sights ( my friend has sights on his gun) so i will switch it out when i recieve mine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts