Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , I found a used PT1911 for $439 at local pawn shop. I've been thinking about getting one of these....I LOVE the 1911 and LOVE Taurus firearms so its a natural fit for me! I'm thinking that this is probably the best price I'm going to find on one of these. Its a blued 45 with pachmyer wood/rubber wrap around grips. Only comes with one mag and no case...which sucks but not a deal breaker. I know that this pawn shop will haggle a little on the price because I bought a Kimber from them a few years back and walked out the door with a pro carry II for $500 instead of the $700 on the tag. What are you guys seeing these go for used out in your areas? Its in pretty good shape......dirty like most used guns I seam to find and there are a few nicks in the bluing from shell ejection? How much should I try to get this thing for....... out of its pawn shop prison and into my safe?;D

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Based upon the discount the dealer gave you on the Kimber, I'd try to haggle him down to $375.00.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. If you can get them down another $50 you should definitely snatch it up.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I paid $400 for mine.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
350 to 400 ask for his best price he might surprise you some times they want them gone may give you a better quote than you were going to offer.I picked up my used para carry 9 tag said 750 asked best price came at me with 550 came back with 500 cash he took it
jhp

·
Registered
29,937 Posts
I saw a brand new one at Academy for $519 around me recently. So for me it would have to be at most $400 for me to even think about it. Thats just my two cents.

The important thing is if you think its a good deal for you. Thats all that really matters.

·
Registered
37,209 Posts
well generally in good/decent shape a Blue Pt 1911 here brings in the 400-425 range, now I see them ,listed here on the web gun sites for 700 plus but then those people still believe in Santa Claus too!
sounds like a fair price to me, anything less is a bonus.
1911 magazines are cheap, and the box is of no use unless you want to ship It.

·
Registered
15,515 Posts
Nice looking PT1911 and the price was definitely good as well. I'm sure if you want the highest quality injected plastic case you can find them on GB or even Ebay. Mags are pretty cheap as well.

·
Registered
29,937 Posts
Now that's a deal! She looks great too!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nicely done. Congratulation.

·
Registered
37,209 Posts
. I'm sure if you want the highest quality injected plastic case you can find them on GB or even Ebay. Mags are pretty cheap as well.
I am running a Christmas/ after New year clearance on the custom Polymer Taurus cases for a mere 89.99 , Plus shipping and handling.
still got a few Taurus 1911 magazines for 59.99 as well.
my prices were derived from the difference in price of the PT1911 without the box and 1 magazine and the one that has the box and 2 magazines.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts