Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 13 Grandkids and only this one and his younger brother are interested in hunting, of course their Dad is the only one of 4 boys that are interested. Today Gun season for deer opened in Indiana (our farm is in Indiana) and this young man shot his first deer today. He was using one of his dad's rifles, a 243 and he might have been a little lucky as he thought it was about 75 yards and the deer dropped on the spot, I ranged it and is was 186 yrds. He was soo excited and I told his Dad that I think this might be the best day of hunting I ever had, turns out we both had lumps in our throats and maybe a little moisture in the corner of my eye. Christian's first deer.jpg

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Congratulations to you both on a great hunt together!

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
What a great day! Congratulations to all involved. A wonderful memory for years to come.

·
Registered
15,149 Posts
I'd say congrats to him but he's already GOT his trophy. Congrats to you and his dad for raising a true hunter that will remember this day for the rest of his life.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Several accomplishments. 1) 13 grandkids! You took that verse about “thou shalt populate the earth” seriously! 2) Dropped a 10 pointer with a 243 at 186 yards for his first deer! What ammo and where did the shot hit? 3) take RT comments to heart. My youngest son dropped an 8 pointer for his first and then a doe a year later with less than 10 minutes total warming his seat.

Congrats.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Wow, that's a great picture I can feel His excitement, give Him a pat on the back for Me for an excellent shot and a beautiful deer harvested.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for 13 grandkids there are a couple of step-grandkids but it works for me. As I said lucky, he hit him in the neck and took out the spine but that first one goes down and all of a sudden you find it a lot easier to aim, so now he is over that hump. Ammo? 95gr. SST over 45.3 gr. of IMR 4955.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Nice deer, his look says it all.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Great story and thanks for sharing it!

That picture is awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts