Taurus Firearm Forum banner

What's your favorite, current running & fictional law enforcement related television show?

• CSI - Miami

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Law and Order - Criminal Intent

• The Closer

• Law and Order

• CSI

• Monk

• Psych

• Law and Order - SVU

• CSI - New York

• Other - please explain

• Numbers

• Bones

• NCIS

• Without a Trace

• Cold Case

• The Shield

• I don't watch TV

• I only watch the real thing!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This goes along with the movie debate in another thread. I know there are a lot of shows out there that fit this bill as the genre is popular right now, but if you had to pick a favorite, what would it be and why?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have to say that mine is '24'. Although season 5 wasn't the greatest of the series, I enjoy the action and the chaos (never know who is going to do what or what is around the corner). I'm looking forward to season 6 starting up in January; I think they are going to make some cool changes to the show and spice it up.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Dang...cant get in on this one...hardly ever watch tv :rolleyes:...
too busy on this forum...which at times beats any thing that i would watch on tv..LOL ;D....

Matter of fact..this forum has just about replaced my tv :evil:

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I like CSI, the one in Vegas. And I really enjoyed "The Shield."
Don't know whether or not they plan another season, though. Sure
hope so.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
The fictional cop shows don't interest me. I've never watched any of those. I have checked several, but I've never watched one all the way through.
When it comes to cop shows, I will watch the ones on Discovery. Those are about the real thing. (F.B.I Files, 48 Hours, Most Evil, etc)
I didn't vote.
:D O.K. Now I voted. I only watch the real thing.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I added "The Shield"; thanks for the reminder. It was amazing to me as I thought of this how many shows there are and probably how many I am missing.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I also added 'don't watch tv' or 'don't watch the fake shows when the real ones are on'. Some of you guys in law enforcement may not be in to the fake cop shows which I why I was interested in asking this question. I find it hard to watch military, especially Navy-based shows (NCIS) because of my Navy experience.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Glad that you added the Don't watch TV. I rarely watch anything, but I'm too cheap for cable. Now, try to cut off my internet and you better dive for cover! :fart:

Steelheart

·
Registered
66 Posts
I float between CSI: Miami (I like the characters better than the original), NCIS, and Bones. I watch Bones because of the interplay and one-liners between the characters, and I like the "Squints". Is any of it real - no (and the computer/tech stuff is WAY too wrong on CSI: Miami). But it is fun to watch.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On this topic, I must say that the writer's strike that is currently taking place will be affecting some of our shows! Unfortunately, Fox has reported that '24' is on hold pending the outcome and many of the other shows are being affected as well. :(

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Has anyone checked out that new show, "Life"? It comes on NBC,
Wednesday evenings. I forget the guy's name that stars in the show.
I'm told he is British, by the way.

And the co-star, her name is Sarah Shahi. She is a former Dallas
Cowboy cheerleader; she is of persian descent, with royal blood.
It's a pretty neat show. I started watching it when it first premiered.
So, I've been kinda keeping up with it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I do like the blonde on CSI Miami.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am a sucker for cop shows....I pretty much watch all of them.....I love Psych.....the CSI's in this oder:CSI,NY,Miami..I like Life...if you can ignore the horrible gun stuff,they are good entertainment...24 is addicting.....here's the stuff I hate about the shows:
csi-do lab geeks really look that good?
24-why does he whisper a line,then SHOUT IT?
NICS-why is he always grumpy?
Criminal Minds-this show makes me afraid to leave my house.
Bones-just sleep together already!
the Sheild-wasn't he the "Commish"now he's a tough guy?and once he cleaned his gun w/out taking it apart on the show.....
more later as I think of them

·
Registered
86 Posts
oh yeah..how come on every cop show(except 24)the bad guys always end up confessing...in real life no one EVER confesses....they could have 10 people see them do it and they still deny it.but 10 minutes in the room w/ a TV cop and they admit being the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll,and faking the moon landing......drives me nuts sometimes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts