Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
While I'm not naming a brand I really like a 9MM in a 1911 commander config, it shoots so easily and conceals very nicely. I'm currently looking at a Springfield Loaded Champion in 9MM, and if you have smaller hands a Officers length frame is excellent also.

·
Registered
539 Posts
My most concealable 9mm that I own is my G26; very nice to shoot and carry. I picked up the saf-t-blok and it works fine in my holster as well as in the pocket; it doesn't fall off which was a concern that I was watching out for. I'm not claiming that it's the best for anyone else, but it was my choice for a small 9mm.

·
32,788 Posts
Ooooh. You're skating close to getting put into Other Guns. :) Then again that's a valid one that belongs here. :D

Gotta love my PT111 Mil/pro or the Makarov.
Splitting hairs or hares, the Mak is technically a 9mm. of sorts. ::) :eek: ;D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Ooooh....tough one. I'll give out a few that I think would be an excellent choice. Not in any particular order:

1. Kahr PM9 (expensive, but on virtually every PD approved back up list)
2. Glock 26
3. Springfield XD-9 subcompact
4. Taurus 24/7 compact (or PT111)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, I'd throw in for the Kahr, or the latest Kel-Tec that came out. The Kel-Tec was really slim and light.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Kahr PM9

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
When I pick up the new PT111, they had a used (but new condition) Kahr CW40 for about the same price. If it had been a 9mm, I may have put off the PT111 purchase in favor of the Kahr. But, I'm happy with the Taurus, it's turned out to be a fantastic pistol!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I personally would still buy the Taurus over the Kahr 9mm, but it is a personal preference not anything to do with the size or quality of the either. Just my years of experience with firearms, it is hard to compare anything to Taurus when you take into account quality, cost and reliability as an entire package...

·
32,788 Posts
I still think Taurus should come out with a single stack like they had in the 908. For as many who are looking for a small carry package with 6- 8 rounds in it this just makes sense. The general gun forums are full of requests for this yet except for Kahr,Para Ord. and S&W, there are few single stack 9mm. pistols out there to chose from.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am leaning towards a glock 26 but I really wish they had a thumb safety. So I am still trying to make a decision.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Bubba, if you get the chance, try the Saf-T-Blok on the G26 (I use the same one on all of them); I really like it, it's a snap to use and it comes off easily when it needs to just by virtue of drawing your trigger finger up to shoot. I was skeptical at first but found that it fits the bill quite nicely.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds promising. Can you remove it while drawing the gun up to the fire position? I am now thinking about the 19 or the 26. Not sure which one would be better. 19 is still small enough to carry, and I am a little concerned about the accuracy of the 26. I am also not sure weather i should get fixed sights, adjustable sights or night sights.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The 'blok' slides in behind the trigger from left to right (looking down the muzzle) and it pushes out from right to left very easily; it positively locks the trigger and I haven't had it pop out either in a holster or my usual method of carry which is in a bag. I also like the G19 (it was my first auto and it ate up over 10,000 rounds w/o a hiccup), and I have to say that although the compacts take a little bit to get used to you will be amazed at their accuracy (no matter what brand of compact you go with). With regards to the sights, you should handle the guns to see if you like the NS because some people don't. My G26 has fixed and shoots very nicely .

·
Registered
539 Posts
I forgot to mention that if you are a lefty that you can order the saf-t-blok in that configuration as well. This site shows you basically what it is about; http://members.aol.com/saftblok/ . Some people do not like them and here is a site where a guy has some concerns over the device; http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/stb.html. Bottom line, like everything else, is to try it out and see if it works for you. Now, if some people would just do that with Taurus products I might (probably not) respect their opinion a little more! :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.