Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Excellent excellent pistol for the money. Only reason I don't have mine anymore is I traded it on a CZ-75 PCR, which is an excellent pistol full stop.

The Bersa is comfortable, easy to carry, and shoots great. Several hundred rounds through mine and I don't think I ever had a failure-to-anything. Despite its size, it is +p rated, and recoil isn't bad even with hot carry rounds. Also has polygonal rifling, which is surprising for a gun this inexpensive. I loved mine.

The ONLY thing I'd say they don't do well is the finish on the blued pistols. The finish on the slide is sort of mottled looking right out of the box, but it stays that way...so while uneven and not terribly pretty it lasts. The finish on the frame came off on mine a little too easy on the corners, but it's an alloy frame so rust isn't a problem even if you can see metal. I'll see if I can find some decent pictures of mine.

But a $300 pistol that's as reliable and fun to shoot as any that cost twice as much has slightly crappy finish as its only fault, I'd say you're still getting an extremely good deal. My CZ does everything the Bersa does, but better...and I still almost regret the trade. The Bersa is that good.

edit: I thought I had more pics, but couldn't find them.

See how on the slide it sort of looks like it's got oil on it or something? It basically always looked like that.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Everything disturbed86 says, except I have the nickel plated or stainless version. Finish is better than the blued model. I like it because it has the decocker and mag holds 13. I have never had any issues with mine, close to 350 rounds down the tube. You will like it as it is a small enough weapon for carry, also eats any ammo given to it. :thumb:

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
I've owned a few of their satin electroless nickle models and they hold up very well.

Most everyone thinks they're stainless steel.

Nice look, easy to clean...;)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I have one in .40 cal and absolutely love it. I have about 500 rounds through mine and it has been reliable from round one. Silky smooth and significantly more accurate than I am.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts