Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my wife a Bersa Thunder 9mm UC Friday. 13+1. No pics yet, but it's sure got a nice action. I will take some pictures tomorrow when we go for our concealed carry class.

I put quite a few guns in her hands over the last few weeks and she kept going back to feel that one. We'll have time to shoot it tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Congrats on your new Bersa.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got to shoot it today. It's a nice weapon. It has a lot of muzzle lift which is typical for a UC gun. I had no problems controlling it and my wife shot really well with it. Forgot to get pictures. It'll be home next Thursday.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Congrats on the new Bersa!!!

·
Registered
31,691 Posts
Bersas are great and their service and warranty and service centers are great also.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
I hope you have as good a service from your Bersa as I have had from mine.

Like Taurus, they are greatly underated.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Congratulations on your new acquisition.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to the collection!

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I've had one for a couple years and love it. A very underated gun.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I own several Bersas and carried a .45 UC Pro for years. They are really good guns. Bersa is coming out with a new 9mm pistol soon. They have imported a bunch of them but they are being held up by the ATF/Customs by all accounts. This pistol is a BR9 and it will have a full plastic frame (like a Glock) and a safety trigger like a Glock but won't have a manual safety. This will be the first Bersa semi-auto without a manual safety. The pistol will be lighter than the 9mm UC Pro by about 5 oz as I recall. The South American Bersa fans who already have access to the pistol claim it is a good shooter.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't own any poly guns and I really don't like they way they feel or shoot. I don't mind carrying around the extra weight. Give me an all metal gun please.

Picked up the Bersa yesterday. Shot 50 rounds through it, mostly by my wife since it's going to be her carry gun. I shot 10 rounds and it was easy to shoot. Nice clean trigger break. We spent about an hour that night balancing a penny on the slide and dry firing it.

Bersa 2011-12-03 02.01.36.jpg

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
I've owned serveral Bersas over the years. Two are now in the posession of women in my extended family, the rest are gone only because I made very nice trades/profits on them.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Congrats.. I've seen a few but never personally handled one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In case anyone wonders, the Glock 26 holsters fit it like a glove.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on the new Beretta!

I'm sure your wife is already in love with her new pistol. :wub:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I've never owned a Bersa but have been interested in their Firestorm and Thunder .22LRs for awhile now. From accounts given that I've read, those who own them as well as the centerfire chamberings are very satisfied with their purchases.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Took it shooting again a couple of days ago. Very satisfied. Nothing notable other than a bunch of lead going down range.

It does what I expected it to do. No hiccup so far.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts