Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here have experiences with these little guns. I hear a lot of good things about them, hardly ever a bad word in fact. For $210 it seems like a good buy for a backup gun.

Todd

·
Registered
119 Posts
I passed on a Bersa 380 for the Taurus PT-145. The size of the PT-145 is almost the same and I get one more round and I carry .45ACP. For a backup gun in .380, I'd go with a Keltec.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have 3 of the Bersa's all Thunder 380's and after several hundred rounds thru each I have ZERO complaints they are nice backups and depending on the situation maybe a primary depending on the mode of dress at the moment. All in all they fit my purpose just fine, are there better weapons out there YES but at a increased price and besides that I have lots of those already. If you have big hands try the 9 round mag. from Bersa it gives a little more grip surface. In my exp. use only Bersa mags as all the aftermarket ones I tried failed one way or another. My .02 worth

·
Registered
4 Posts
For comparison purposes... :D

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Weight wise I think they are fairly similar. The biggest difference is in the width of the two. If I remember correctly, the Bersa is a bit narrower than the Taurus. There is also a CC version of the Bersa, which has snag-free operation and a slightly smaller profile.

Of course, we are also comparing a .380 to a .45 so that needs to be considered as well...

At the range last weekend while qualifying for my CHL, the instructor said his was foolproof. But, there was a guy there qualifying who said the one he bought his wife had a lot of problems. I was just wondering what you guys thought of them.

Todd

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I've never heard a bad thing about them from someone who wasn't being a snob.

Steelheart

·
Registered
790 Posts
For $210 I'd call that a good buy. It is a little big for a .380, when you consider the size of the P3AT. But for the money, you can't go wrong. I've seen the duo-tones for as little as $199.00, and almost bought one at a show one time. Just about everyone I've talked to that owns one likes them. Another good "affordable" firearm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife loves her Bersa .380, it's been very reliable, but I would highly recommend the Bersa Ultra compact 9mm/ It's almost exactly the same size & much cheaper to shoot. Bersa makes a decent gun for the money.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got a Bersa Thunder and love it. It's my main carry piece when I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. I'd say it's close in sixe, but it feels alot thinner. For the price it's a great little gun. My buddy picked his up used for $150 and has never had a problem.

·
32,533 Posts
Have the best of both worlds. Carry the Taurus mid bore or big bore as a primary and the Bersa as the backup gun. What happens if the primary gun goes belly up? Know what do you do? Having the Bersa along could save someone's bacon. Many documented cases where BUGs saved lives.Whether you carry the Bersa or Taurus, one is still well protected. Personal choice is subjective and a good thing at the same time.Now if one picks one of the snubbie .17 calibers for defense, then we are going to have a sit down talk. ;D :D :eek: ::)

·
32,533 Posts
As the car salesman in B.C. states as B.C. is looking at just the axle and the salesman is asked where everything else is that should come with the wheel, the salesman states ;D, " Now we talk extras".

·
Registered
10 Posts
They are GREAT guns for the price. Very reliable and very accurate!. Its was my favorite auto until I got my PPK. I would say I will probly get another Bera without a doubt.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I'd love to get my wife a 9mm Mil Pro, but she has a real problem handling racking the slide... so we are looking seriously at the Bersa .380. Looks like I'll be buying dies for this caliber since those little pills are pretty expensive.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A while back I carried a Bersa Thunder 380 cause I had nothin else at the time. I tricked it out with the Hogue grips (like I do all my weapons) and it had the best feel. It is narrow so it's comfortable and I never had a FTF or any other problem. Accurate. Good gun. Gave it to one of my x wives and she carries it now and she loves it. Fits perfectly in her purse....and she's good with it. After all, I did teach her ;D

·
Registered
876 Posts
My wife picked out a Thunder .380 in nickel. She loves it and keeps telling me she cant wait to get back out and shoot it some more.

It's comparable in size and weight to the MilPro series, but it feels different. It's a little rounder and slimmer. Very easy to shoot.

tman

1 - 20 of 38 Posts