Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the few semi-autos I have never fired is the Bersa Thunder 380. I have heard fairly good reviews on it. My wife would like a second firearm to back up her
Glock 26. I suggested something in 380ACP and she practically fell in love with the look of the Bersa. None of the ranges around here have it available to rent so I would just like a little feedback if possible. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I had a Bersa Thunder .380 for a while and I found it to be a good shooting, accurate, and reliable firearm. It has a bit of "snap" to it. So, I HIGHLY advise having her shoot it first, even if it means making a trip to another town where a range has one for rent.

The BT.380 gets really good reviews, but just like any other manufacturer, they also have their issues. However, I mostly hear good things about the Bersas.

A little further down the page on this forum, there is a discussion of the Bersa firearms.

Todd

·
Super Moderator
35,599 Posts
I've never heard much bad about Bersa. Thought some about a thunder 9, but I have a very good shooting P85, so I never got one. I also have a decent .380 I never really carry. It's good if I need deep concealment.

My Kel Tec high cap 9mm is smaller and lighter than the Bersa .380 and I doubt I'd ever carry the thing and I'd probably shoot it about as much as I do my current .380 (a Grendel P12 BTW). The one .380 I can see a spot for in my carry battery is the Kel Tec P3AT, just that I hardly ever need a gun that small and the Grendel is smaller than my 9 and is a good deep concealment gun if I need one. The Bersa is big enough and heavy enough I see it as an IWB, not a pocket gun. I feel better carrying my Ruger SP101 or my 3" Taurus 66 or my .45 ACP Ruger P90 if I'm going to carry IWB. The little SP101 carries about as easily IWB. Admittedly, the others are a little bulkier than a Bersa. But, I'll take 5 rounds of full house .357 over 8 (or whatever it holds) of .380 every time.

But, if you have a use for it or just want it for a shooter, I've never heard anything really bad about the function, accuracy, quality of the Bersa guns. They have a good to excellent reputation on the boards around.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops....I should have checked the previous posts for this topic. My head was in the clouds. Sorry bout that.

·
32,790 Posts
That's ok NYPD. The dungeon key is with Flyer. We don't have the boiling oil up past tepid. And the cat-o-ninetails soft noodle whips went flat. ;D ::) :eek:

Bersa threads here and at other forums have been pretty well on the side of of satisfied owners. This is another " Can't get no respect. No respect I tell you", Rodney Dangerfield gun. Owners just go about their every day business knowing that the Bersa will serve well and do not give a darn what others will think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.