Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got to the indoor range today with my new-to-me Bersa Thunder 380. I was getting sick of slogging through snow to the backyard and freezing my fingers off. My friend and I put about 150 rounds through it ... Federal, White Box, Remington, and Tula Brass Maxx. One round of White Box flat nose failed to fully load but did with a light push on the slide. Everything else fed like butter. For a relatively small and inexpensive gun, this thing shoots better than anything I've ever tried. I still have one on order with my LGS and when it comes in I'll have two. This remarkable little gun has very manageable recoil, a full hand grip, great sight picture, and is amazingly accurate. The target below is a 2-1/2 inch square ... 14 shots at 25 feet, Weaver stance. This is a keeper.
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Design

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Nice shooting.

The Bersa is a keeper. I have mine loaded with Federal Hydra-Shok and ready to go at a moments notice. :) If the Bersa 9CC shoots like this; I might get myself one of those.

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
Yawn-- ho-hum, another great Bersa Thunder range report!--LOL
seriously see what we all been talking about to you non believers now !
enjoy, great weapon for the beginner semi auto shooter or the experienced one.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Very nice and well done!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
In addition to all those other positives, takedown is really easy :)

The Bersa 380 Duotone was the first pistol I ever bought for myself. I no longer have it, but I put over 600 trouble-free rounds through it before letting it go. It was a great shooter, but I got out of .380 (actually went to a 738 before I totally got out of .380...)

·
Registered
783 Posts
All the above :)

My lovely bride of 40 years carries one and loves it :D

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
so bersa thunder is a good shooter?I was looking at a bersa before i bought my taurus!!
One of the best - IMHO. Deadly accurate, minimal recoil and easy to conceal. My PT111 has been spending more time in the safe ever since I got my Bersa.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Very nice, I'm jealous!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I purchased one for my wife. It is a nice gun that shoots great. The managed recoil and light trigger were the biggest selling points for my wife. She wont give it up for anything now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
How much did it cost you? They have a bersa thunder 380 at the pawn shop for 300.00, in nice condition, Wondering if that or a new ruger lcp 380 is a better way to go?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Bersa or ruger ? Theres a bersa thunder in like new cond. At pawn shop 300 bucks. The ruger lcp 380 is 379 at lgs, thoughts on these?
If I was faced with the same choice - Bersa Thunder. I would haggle a little on the price, and see what kind of deal he would give you.

Although, it all boils down to what feels good in your hand, and what you are comfortable with.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've shot a Ruger LCP and I'll never touch one again. It's a fine little gun but way too small for my taste. The Bersa anywhere around $300 is a good investment. I handed mine to a friend who shoots 45s for 95% of the last 50 years and he loved it. Try one. You'll buy one.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Bersa guns are great. I carry a Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro and I have never had a failure of any kind with it. It shoots so accurate you could drive nails with it. It will eat anything that you feed it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts