Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a compact pistol and I can not decide between the Bersa 380 or a 24/7 compact.

Can anyone give me a little help?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, the 24/7 C is thicker but it's a 9mm and holds more rounds. Doublestack guns are not the best choice for concealment. For that, the Bersa is better but then you are going to a .380 ACP. If that's not a problem for you, go with the Bersa. It's a helluva pistol for the money. In fact, it's one of the only two .380's I'll ever own. The other is the CZ-83.

But if you think you can easily hide the 24/7 C then you might give it a try. I love mine. I carry it in a belly band under a loose sweatshirt. 13+1 of 9mm on tap is comforting.

That being said, the Bersa in the same bellyband would be easier to manage and conceal.

The choice is yours.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I only have 2 380's. A Sig & a Bersa. Quite a difference in price, but I love them both and will keep them both. Both I carry. I also have a Bersa Mini 40(Firestorm) & 45 Ultra Compact that I carry as well as a couple others. Anything you feel comfortable with shooting and is nice to carry is fine. The Bersa will be easier to conceal. And don't let anyone tell you that a 9 or a 380 is a waste of time. I've yet to see anyone volunteer to stand up to one. Whatever anyone else has is usually the greatest gun in their opinion.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Off Topic - HiVelSword

HiVelSword said:
For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"
I like your motto - LOL............but, I would like to ask if you would like to be shot by a 9mm? :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
I love my 24/7 C 9mm. 17+1 in nice to know it is available. The shorter clip is a 15+1. Most comforatable gun I have ever held and has been flawless so far.

·
Registered
75 Posts
kashdaddy said:
I like your motto - LOL............but, I would like to ask if you would like to be shot by a 9mm? :D
Not many do but when someone misses the point of my sarcasm (like you), I always wonder how?

·
Registered
75 Posts
muttmutt said:
I love my 24/7 C 9mm. 17+1 in nice to know it is available. The shorter clip is a 15+1. Most comforatable gun I have ever held and has been flawless so far.
Are you sure the short mag doesn't hold 13? Mine does.

·
Registered
132 Posts
HiVelSword said:
Not many do but when someone misses the point of my sarcasm (like you), I always wonder how?
I dont think using a 9mm would make your sarcasm such a joke...........a 9mm is a very deadly round. Maybe you are trying to be funny and trying to hard.

·
Registered
75 Posts
kashdaddy said:
I dont think using a 9mm would make your sarcasm such a joke...........a 9mm is a very deadly round. Maybe you are trying to be funny and trying to hard.
Unreal. I'll spell it out for you. Many thousands have been killed by 9mm. They are dead by what the big(ger) bore fans call a useless or inadequate cartridge. But if it's so useless or inadequate then why are they all dead? Do you FINALLY get it now????

Did you read the second post in this thread? The one where I state I have a 24/7 C in 9mm. Yeah, that one. So, if you know I carry a 9mm then how could you possibly think I'm berating the 9mm in my signature? Why would someone who caries a 9mm call it useless?

"Oh, that's right! He used sarcasm! He doesn't really think it's useless! He wouldn't trust his life to a 9mm if he thought it was useless"

That never crossed your mind I guess.

And by the way, you have gained the distinction of the first person who didn't "get it" the second time.

I've never had to go this far in explaining it to those on GlockTalk or the 1911 forums.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
There's a lot of hostility on this forum lately :mad:...and it's the Christmas season no less. :???:

Bashing other members is not tolerated...period. Learn to get along and stop berating each other.

This topic is now locked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.