Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debating on replacing my "smaller gun" conceal carry firearm of choice the 709, with a Bersa BP9CC. It is a really attractive gun, only slightly larger than the 709, but the main reason being the grip.
I have prior experience with Bersa and they make quality arms so im not worried about that aspect.
Has anyone here fired the BP9? How is recoil? Anything you didnt like about it?

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
Yeah, I have fired some of those pistols. I personally own 2 Bersa thunder pistols, one a .380 Thunder, a .45 Thunder UC Pro and my buddy owns one in 9mm. the recoil from the 9 is only a little less than the .45 but they are both very pleasant to shoot. The only thing I don't like is the finish, but then again if they had a high end blue finish they would surely cost a lot more....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I own the bp9, its superior to me over my pt111 beside capacity the bp9 is a great gun, super accurate barrel , super crisp and short trigger

·
Registered
30,024 Posts
My #1 & 2 priorites in handgun selection are...
1. Reliability
2. Fit
The reason I switched from a 15+1 Glock M-19 to a 12+1 Taurus PT-111 was "FIT".

My reliable Glock always felt like a piece of 2X4 in my hand while the Taurus felt like it was custom molded to my hand.

With that being said, if the Bersa BP9 fits your hand well, then by all means give it a test drive. Ever Bersa product I've owned has been reliable, and I see no reason why the BP9 should be any different.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, the problem is no one carries them here, so Id have to order it and have it shipped to my FFL, so no test driving beforehand =(
It looks like it will fit my hand great, as I have small hands, my only real concern (wouldnt say concern so much) is the WIDE trigger it has. Will take some getting used to, but I think Im gonna go for it. Even if I like it more than my 709 for my EDCC the Taurus wont be going anywhere, will most likely end up rotating. I guess Ill see what I shoot better with.

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
I agree, the problem is no one carries them here, so Id have to order it and have it shipped to my FFL, so no test driving beforehand =(
It looks like it will fit my hand great, as I have small hands, my only real concern (wouldnt say concern so much) is the WIDE trigger it has. Will take some getting used to, but I think Im gonna go for it. Even if I like it more than my 709 for my EDCC the Taurus wont be going anywhere, will most likely end up rotating. I guess Ill see what I shoot better with.

People that have or shoot Bersa's rave about the trigger because it is that good, crisp at 4 lbs SA and the DA is also very nice. If that is your only concern, don't sweat it.
Check this out; www.bersapistolforum.com

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
People that have or shoot Bersa's rave about the trigger because it is that good, crisp at 4 lbs SA and the DA is also very nice. If that is your only concern, don't sweat it.
Check this out; www.bersapistolforum.com
Checked out the forum and everyones saying it has a really smooth clean trigger as well, so that is great news. Nothing but good reviews, im excited. Will be the first Bersa ive ever shot or owned.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Checked out the forum and everyones saying it has a really smooth clean trigger as well, so that is great news. Nothing but good reviews, im excited. Will be the first Bersa ive ever shot or owned.
I bought one of the first ones available and carry it in a Fobus paddle holster.

I agree the trigger is great with a very short reset making double taps easy although I have read complaints of finger pinch.

The barrel has polygonal rifling so it may not shoot cast bullets if your into that.

The rear sight is Glock and the front Sig I have been told. Mine was dead on at 15 ft.

It came with 2 mags. I have fired about 300 rds through it with no problems.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol
Gun Firearm Starting pistol Trigger Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.