Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I now have 1000 empty 9mm cases, all deprimed and sized and polished, ready to reload.
I am thinking of ordering these:
9mm plated pistol bullets
Has anyone had any experience with these or other calibers from Berry's and what is your opinion of them?
I have more than enough HP-38 for them and the only other item I need are CCI 500 primers which I will get at Bass Pro.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
OK, I now have 1000 empty 9mm cases, all deprimed and sized and polished, ready to reload.
I am thinking of ordering these:
9mm plated pistol bullets
Has anyone had any experience with these or other calibers from Berry's and what is your opinion of them?
I have more than enough HP-38 for them and the only other item I need are CCI 500 primers which I will get at Bass Pro.

I've used them. Work great. I read somewhere that plated should be limited to under 1000 fps but I have shot them no problems.
I still buy them.

·
22,050 Posts
Berry's plated bullets are just fine. When I had trouble getting Ranier in my usual 9MM competition
round I used them. They worked great. I also loaded about 3000 .40 caliber with Berry's and had
no issues.

·
Super Moderator
36,412 Posts
I have loaded Berry's and Rainier plated in 38Special and 45 ACP and they were very accurate. You can save money versus FMJ, just shop around and factor in the freight if it is charged.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ive shot Berry's 115 gr. plated bullets and I have not been disappointed they shoot great and I never had any problems. I'm about to order some 115 flatpoints and I also want to try their 124 gr. hollowpoints. There a great quality product with a pretty decent price. Getcha some ;) P.S.- If you get your 124's in before me let me know how they shoot!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I've loaded a few thousand Berry's and Rainiers. All seem to shoot well. Another one to check out is Frontier bullets. I've got a thousand of them and from what I've read they are pretty decent.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I use them when reloading. Great product but I buy them here a couple of dollars cheaper:

Berrys 9mm 124 gr HP

·
Registered
36,462 Posts
I have used raniers and berrys both and they work just fine for me in 380, 9 MM, 38 Super,45 acp and 38 Spl.
I normally get raniers as midway has them on sale quite often and so are cheaper even though berrys ships free over 50 bucks.
another place to check out is Powder valley , they sale berrys but are cheaper than the factory direct, although you have to pay shipping on them, you will just need to see which way is cheaper.
yuo will find buying 500-1000 lots much cheaper thna 100 packs of FMJ.
I would also mention that i think the top rated speed is about 1200 FPS on the plated projectiles but you can check the website to be sure, i know my 38 Super is pushing in the 1200 FPS range and no problems at all with the raniers.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I load 9mm, .38 SPL, and .45ACP Berry's plated. Work just fine for shooting paper. Price allows me to load more!

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going to order 500 of the HP.
Probably tomorrow.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For most Berrys bullets they recommend staying at 1200 FPS or less.

I really like the new 124 Gr HBRN TP (Hollow Base Round Nose Thicker Plating) I have shot it anywhere from 1050 to 1150 FPS in 9MM to close to 1400 FPS in .38 Super with excellent results.

TJConeveras is a good place to buy them in 1K boxes.

·
Administrator
17,915 Posts
I use Berry's Plated Flat Point Bullets in 9mm, .45 ACP, and .38 Special

9mm (.356) 124 grn FP, .452 200 grn FP, .358 158 grn FP

I have had excellent accuracy with the 124 grn FP over 4.8 grains (max) of WST. Velocity is 1130 fps.

50 ft Accuracy with Tanfoglio TA90 and Berry's 124 grn FP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts