Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using Berry's ammo boxes for their reloads? I have 2 for .357mag/.38spl and the seem pretty decent. I was wondering how they hold up over time. Their website says they have a lifetime warranty but does not elaborate on getting replacements. They are priced pretty cheap and I am thinking about picking up some more for transporting ammo to the range.

http://www.berrysmfg.com/products.aspx?c=29

Reactions: HD-Mike

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've bought 10 9mm boxes and they're very good. I'm going to buy more. Thumbs up here.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's all I use. I color code them by caliber......45ACP red, .40S&W blue, 45 LC green, etc. You can buy 'em on Ebay in lots of ten for cheap.
What size are you using for .45 Colt?

I was thinking along the same lines with color coding, reserving Red for SD loads in the calibers I load. I'll have to check eBay for prices, I was thinking 5 of each should be plenty for range trips.

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I've probably got 30 of them as well as Midway, Frankford Arsenal, MTM, Herters and some other antiques. For the price they all work very well. Some of mine I've had since the 60's.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
24,593 Posts
I think they are made by the same manufacturer and private labelled for different dealers. They work very well for me.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
But: if you drop a full one on concrete it will probably break; another but; they are cheap!!

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I use them exclusively for storing and transporting test rounds - I have three each for .357-sized, 9mm/.40, .45ACP, .223/7.62x39, 7.62x54R/.303 BRIT / .308 WIN.
Once I have a load I like, I tend to fill a .30 caliber ammo can with it. For Defensive rounds, I use old factory ammo boxes.

Hardly seems worth it to have a lifetime warranty on such an inexpensive item, though.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use them exclusively for storing and transporting test rounds - I have three each for .357-sized, 9mm/.40, .45ACP, .223/7.62x39, 7.62x54R/.303 BRIT / .308 WIN.
Once I have a load I like, I tend to fill a .30 caliber ammo can with it. For Defensive rounds, I use old factory ammo boxes.

Hardly seems worth it to have a lifetime warranty on such an inexpensive item, though.
My thoughts exactly, it would cost more to send the broken one in and most likely pay for shipping and handling on the new one then just buying a replacement.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I like to use the plastic box the lead from berrys comes in at cabelas for reload bullets at the range , holds about 150 to 200 depend on what caliber easy to grab when loading gun.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The only issue I've had is I use one of the 12 ga. 25 rd. ammo boxes to hold my RCBS Lil Dandy Rotor. I lost the handle on it one day and it hit the floor an broke in several places but never came apart,it was pretty heavy with 12 rotors stored inside. I just replace with it with another as there cheap. Had no issues with any of the handgun or rifle caliber boxes from Berry's or MTM for that matter.

·
Administrator
39,683 Posts
I've had several of the 100 rounders for a number of years. I haven't a problem with any of them yet. They're durable!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I have a number and variety of them I've picked up on the cheap over the years -- garage sales, salvage, etc.

But for the most part I use heavy-duty zip lock parts bags.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Got several and all color coded for the calibers I load. They are very good and I have not had one break. Being in the plastic injection mold business, I can tell you the weak spot will be the living hinge. They have a decent wall thickness there, so I wasn't worried about them. When you open them up, they tend to want to close back up, and that is a good thing. What will damage them is constant opening them as wide as possible in order to make them stay open. Don't force the lid past the vertical open position. Anything more just puts more stress on that hinge. Avoid the tendency to do that and you will get the most life out of one.

Can't help you on what box to use for 45LC cause I don't load that caliber. YET!

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am definitely going to order some, I currently use factory ammo trays, no boxes, and keep them in .50 cal ammo boxes for storage. Trays fit perfect and give me a quick count of what is in there.

Transporting ammo to the range in those trays is a pain because I don't have boxes. I will use these to transport ammo to the range easier then I do now. Looks like ordering them directly from Berry's will give me the best price and color options. Should be no problem getting free shipping form them.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I am definitely going to order some, I currently use factory ammo trays, no boxes, and keep them in .50 cal ammo boxes for storage. Trays fit perfect and give me a quick count of what is in there.

Transporting ammo to the range in those trays is a pain because I don't have boxes. I will use these to transport ammo to the range easier then I do now. Looks like ordering them directly from Berry's will give me the best price and color options. Should be no problem getting free shipping form them.
That's what I do. I slap a label on the top that tells me whats inside....powder, load, bullet info, primer, date loaded, etc. On the bottom I slap on a blank label. On this I record my impressions and results as I'm shooting. When I get home I transfer all this data to a caliber log that I keep and load from.

·
Registered
43 Posts

I used to use trays too, then I stopped. I now used zip lock bags. I do 100/bag w labels. The bags uses less storage space in my .50 cal ammo boxe than the trays & easier to carry when going to the range. Just grab what need & put in my range bag.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts