Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if anyone here has a PX4, I know they are coming out with a sub compact version of it in January and I am really interested in it. I am wondering if there is anyone can give some comments about this pistol.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Don't have one but have fired the 9mm at the range and did not experience a single malfunction in 500 rounds. I've heard nothing but good about them. I was looking at one until I saw the new Ninety-Two:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just bought a PX4 40cal nice gun but it has a terrible trigger sting problem as of late. We're trying to figure a cure for this as it makes a very uncomfortable pistol to shoot after 10 or so rounds. Some guns seem to be affected and some don't, so far no one with a 9mm has complained. Just thought I'd pass this along, do a search on trigger sting on Beretta.com it's pretty documented.

·
32,614 Posts
NRA's magazine " Shooting Illustrated", for Feb. 2008 has a very nice article on the PX4 that's in .45ACP.
I get that magazine over most of their others because Shooting Illustrated is more about guns then the politics.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
PX4 sub-compact update from Beretta USA:

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
PX4 subcompact

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Randall Laporte) - 05/02/2008 01:20 PM

After extensive testing of the new PX4 sub-compact we believe this will be one of our best pistols to date. We anticipate releasing the first production run of PX4 sub-compact pistols by mid summer. This first run is designated to cover the pre-orders we have for the pistol at this time. These pre-orders consist of distributor, dealer and law enforcement purchases so it is not possible to tell when a customer's individual purchase will actually arrive at your dealer. If you are considering a purchase of a PX4 sub compact pistol and want it this year we suggest placing an order with your local dealer now.

Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i done gave up on the px4sc, decided im gonna get a milpro instead, cheaper and the milpro ACTUALLY exists, unlike the px4sc. :(

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I want a PX4 but I cant bring my self to pay 500 bucks and then drop another 100-150 to have the slide hard chromed, I have not yet seen anyone do an inox PX4 but I think it would look sweeeeet

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I gave up waiting and bought a Beretta 9000S F. Its a great shooter. But I still want the PX4SC but I plan on waiting for a while after they come out.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Guns & Ammo ran the PX4SC as a cover story more than a year ago, they also said it would be out mid-summer 2007. The review said it was a great shooter. You can wait but don't hold your breath, there's no reason it should be delayed this long if it was complete, perfect, wonderful, etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I thought long and hard before I bought my PX4 .40

I love the way it fits my hand and balances well. The rotating barrel is awesome and helps soak up some of the recoil. Field-stripping is so simple and requires no tools (I figured it out on my own without any help).

The trigger sting is easily remedied with gun grease (not oil) on the locking lug where it meets the barrel. Put a good amount of grease there and it should be fine.

·
Registered
259 Posts
What else can you guys add in on the sub compact version. I'm calling around looking for one now. I want one bad.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
bugs said:
What else can you guys add in on the sub compact version. I'm calling around looking for one now. I want one bad.
I can tell you that they are not available yet. So don't waste your breath calling. :-\

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The impression I got when asking around is that Beretta is trying to get a long waiting list of pre-orders going before going into production. Thus insuring the item a strong sales figure at launch. This maybe just a rumor, I dunno, it's what I heard.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I keep hearing that two days ago was the launch date. Who knows. It seems perfect for what I want. To bad it may just be a myth for now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ive called around and yes stores are selling them. We'll see when they come in. I really want that subcompact.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Quick update. I just called Bass Pro. The guy looked through inventory and said there are non currently in stock but that they have sold a few already with the 3 inch barrel.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts