Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
I only have one gripe. The safety is still in the same PITA place it was on the older version! Why Beretta? WHY? Safeties go on frames. Not slides!
I was at my local gun store the other day, and another customer and I were admiring a very nice used police-trade-in Beretta 92. He said he's a big fan of Beretta, so I asked him why they kept putting the safety on the slide instead of the frame. He said he'd never really thought about it and had no idea. When I showed him a Taurus PT92 he kind of did a double-take and said, "Wow! That makes sense."

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Huh. I like the color.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
I only have one gripe. The safety is still in the same PITA place it was on the older version! Why Beretta? WHY? Safeties go on frames. Not slides!
IIRC the very first Berettas, being the Daddy of the Taurus, had the safety on the frame. It was the DOD that spec'ed the slide mount.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Tis a fine lookin' pistol, for sure!

Reactions: darbo

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, I would like to shoot it before I say anything about it. From what I read, I don't see how it can be any better than the M8!

Reactions: treg

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I HATE brown guns!! But I do like this pistol otherwise I personaly have zero issue with the slide saftey but that is a personal issue.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I prefer the frame safety, but I won't quibble about it.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I was at my local gun store the other day, and another customer and I were admiring a very nice used police-trade-in Beretta 92. He said he's a big fan of Beretta, so I asked him why they kept putting the safety on the slide instead of the frame. He said he'd never really thought about it and had no idea. When I showed him a Taurus PT92 he kind of did a double-take and said, "Wow! That makes sense."
Did you happen to mention that the PT-92, unlike the 92FS series is also Safe to carry in Condition One? > > > "ZING!!"

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I don't understand the comments asking how they call it a newer generation if they only changed a few things.

Really?

If they changed everything, it wouldn't be a newer generation, it would be a completely new gun.

Making a few changes is a next generation of a particular model. Otherwise, they would just make a new model designation, not the SAME model designation with a G2 added to it.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
OK, now I am going to REALLY muddy up the water with an opinion here.

IF a "NEW" handgun were in the offing I think it would be a perfect time to change to the,

wait for it

wait for it

the .40S&W round no matter what gun.

Yes, I know I am not the greatest fan for civilians, but I is "OK" with me for that, but, in hardball it is a different matter. I will confidently state that I am sure it creates a bigger crush cavity than 9mm hardball and, though it would be an endless open door for theories, I would say that the flat nose of a 180, or possibly a 160, in the current hardball profile, might come close to the damage of the round nose .45 hardball.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
OK, now I am going to REALLY muddy up the water with an opinion here.

IF a "NEW" handgun were in the offing I think it would be a perfect time to change to the,

wait for it

wait for it

the .40S&W round no matter what gun.

Yes, I know I am not the greatest fan for civilians, but I is "OK" with me for that, but, in hardball it is a different matter. I will confidently state that I am sure it creates a bigger crush cavity than 9mm hardball and, though it would be an endless open door for theories, I would say that the flat nose of a 180, or possibly a 160, in the current hardball profile, might come close to the damage of the round nose .45 hardball.
357 sig:D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts