Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
17,669 Posts
Beretta 92 Magazines can be made to work in PT92's, but with the very reasonable prices on Mec-Gar PT92 Magazines, why would you bother? http://www.cdnninvestments.com/taurus.html

Pic below is courtesy of Forum Member Nicotine:

The squared off corner issue at the top of the M9 Magazines can often be fixed by slightly beveling the top corners of the front of the M9 Magazines.

Here's a Video on the Magazine Conversion:

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
You'd be better off just trying to swap them for some PT-92 mags.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
I have an early model PT-99 with the European Mag release on the bottom of the grip. It came with 2 15 round magazines. When I first got it I could not find any PT-99 Magazines, I purchased 2 Beretta magazines and used a dremel to add the cutout where I needed it. Took 5 minutes to do both and they work fine still today.

Question: Did the magazine cut out change when they moved the release to near the trigger? I was thinking of picking up a couple more Taurus magazines, and was wondering if they would work or would I have to use a dremel again?

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
I modified a dozen mil surp Beretta 92 mags for my neighbor's Taurus 92.

The fix is very simple if one has steady hands and a Dremel tool.

You have to remove just "one millimetrer" of sheet metal off the top edge of the magazine locking notch on the side of the magazine and they will work just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts