Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to play with one for about an hour on Saturday. I WANT ONE, a M9A3, but I still dislike the safety location. I looked online and could find them on gunbroker, but I want to buy local.

I spent the better part of yesterday and today looking for one in stock at various gun shops in my area. While the $900 to $1,100 price tag turns me somewhat off, the updated grip frame is fantastic to hold and control. Suppressor ready and the ability to change out the sights is another plus. In addition, the mags do feel like the insides and out are self lubricating as claimed for reloading and insertion into the frame. Even a nice beveled magazine well.

The groups were great, and I shot my PT92 against it. While I would not give up my two tone PT92, I really want another suppressor ready host for my next suppressor which is for 9mm. I have a Glock 19 ready, and a threaded barrel coming for my P320C.

In my opinion, Beretta made a nice and worthwhile upgrade to their 92 series of pistols.

HEY TAURUS! WAKE UP! THIS COULD PUT YOU BACK ON THE MAP!!! If Taurus would make a comparable model, and keep it under $700, it would be a winner! Especially if they worked on a comparable magazine with MEC-GAR.

Even RKguns list them, but out of stock.:mad:

https://www.rkguns.com/beretta-m9a3-fde-9mm-full-size-pistol-js92m9a3m.html

Maloy

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Quite the premium to pay for dovetail front sights, which is mandatory for suppressed shooting, even with an Osprey, I imagine.
Taurus put them on some 917's, so they know how to do it.

If it's your first pistol suppressor, be ready with a recoil booster and a set of different weight Wolff recoil springs. The 92 design can be finicky with all that extra weight up front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts