Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help on finding info on a Beretta Gardone 6.5mm 1943 rifle, 36" long, folding bayonet, markings stamped on the butt stock near the butt plate is U.S. 513, butt plate has a small trap door. Right behind the rear sight were it says 1943 xx, Beretta gardone, it's stamped U.S. 513 also. Hopefully someone can tell me what i have. Thank You.

Also were can i find ammo and clips. Thanks

·
Registered
6,011 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The carcano is the term they called the action and the rifle. And during the war, Beretta like all the other gun companies in Italy at the time produced rifles, pistols and submachine guns for Mussolini at the time. Yes Lee Harvey Oswald bought one in the mail and used a carcano in the JFK assassination, but I am not sure if that was a beretta or not. Should be understood that even though it is a beretta, they were produced during wartime and during one of the most destructive bombing campaigns any country has ever endured due to Italy's geography and the design flaws of a 19th century action, the quality in not the beretta we see today.

·
Registered
125 Posts
With it being the beretta, it should take the 6.5x52 round. I owned one of these guns for a few months before I got rid of it. Mine came with 2 clips, and I think I paid around $125 for it. I bought a box of shells for it, from Graf & Sons, but never ended up even learning how to work the clip action. Clips are hard to come by from what I can tell, but that's about all I really know. Information seems to be as scarce as the rifle itself. It was in pretty good condition, with no major scratches or dings...just didn't suit my taste at the time. I wish I would've at least fired it.

Good luck on your information hunt, and if you do shoot it, let us know how accurate it is.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Welcome to the forums Kodiac!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi can someone tell me where I can find the ''clip'' for the Gardone 6.5... I know there's no magazine for this rifle but I read there's a 'clip''...anyone knows?

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Hi can someone tell me where I can find the ''clip'' for the Gardone 6.5... I know there's no magazine for this rifle but I read there's a 'clip''...anyone knows?
You must have done a google search and found this thread?...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts