Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have to disagrre with joe sixpack on this one.

I bought a pt-92 recently for the wife, and it only came with one 10rd mag, being a tinkerer, i got out the dremel and and made a beretta mag work, best part is, its easy. This mag was a pro-mag brand mag.

The only diference is the taurus's mag catch is larger , therefore you have to "open up" the beretta mag catch slots to clip into the taurus.

open the slot up about 50% of the original slot to the TOP of the mag.

I used a dremel with a small "cut-off" wheel, but a small file would work also, just take longer....

check it in the gun and it should clip into place, if not go a little bigger, always toward the top of the mag.

Maybe joe was thinking the oposite, as once you convert the mags they will set too low in a beretta mag well to feed properly, so the mod is a one way deal, once converted they wont work in a beretta. also taurus mags dont work in a beretta for the same reason.

Also i just checked to make sure all beretta mags will fit in a taurus, just to make sure only the promags werent the only ones. heres what I found

15rd beretta factory mags fit
10rd beretta factory mags fit
15rd checkmate mags fit
15 rd mec-gars fit
17rd mecgars fit
15 rd eagle mag fits
15rd cheap unknown manufacture mag fits
34rd promag fits
15rd promag fits

I think its safe to say that all beretta92 mags fit in a taurus pt-92 and are able to be converted to taurus mags.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I see what you are saying now joe....But They slide right in withourt pressing the bag realease on my pt 92AR.......If i really try to tweak the mag when sliding it in slowly it will hang up, but on a normal reload, they all slide right in.

I would like to hear from some others on weather or not beretta mags slide in or hang up in their tauruses. I have a feeling that Its so close that some will, and some wont....Mine is a used gun, but I would estimate it to have about 6-8k through it judging by wear.

If buying new, yes buy the mag that is for the gun, but if you have a pile of beretta mags and you buy a taurus, Its easy to convert them. i would just pull out the mag catch and give it a little fileing if it needed it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts