Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning the 24/7 Pro 40 this evening and noticed that the recoil spring assembly is out of "true" in other words it seems bent. Is this common or do I have a problem? Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I dont think bent is the word I would use to describe what you are seeing IF it you can put it back the way it came out then nothing is bent. I would say the word is warped the spring gets warped from high heat and normal use. I wouldnt worry about it, but you can order another one from Taurus if it bothers you that much. I would say that 10,000-12,000 rds you would change the recoil spring.

·
Administrator
39,347 Posts
I have one also that seems to be a little warped. Bothered me at first but 800+ rounds later I'm not concerned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I've educated myself a little since posting this. It's the guide rod that bent/warped. I guess it's not that important but it's bothersome. I found a guy that will machine a stainless steel guide rod for $35. If anyone is interested I'll post about it when I get it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
gunflint said:
Thanks guys, I've educated myself a little since posting this. It's the guide rod that bent/warped. I guess it's not that important but it's bothersome. I found a guy that will machine a stainless steel guide rod for $35. If anyone is interested I'll post about it when I get it.
im interested let me know how it turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts