Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent off my .32 H&R magnum 4" for repair.
Ship out date: 01/05/15.
Called them to notify them it's inbound.
Sent in for ejector rod sticking, cylinder release spring, possibly polish the chambers.
Will keep y'all updated on turnaround time and progress.

I am posting this as a sort of benchmark for Taurus response time. I hope they are reading this.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have read so much bad about customer service at Taurus.
Well I just have to share this positive note. I posted that I had to send in my model 66 for repair. (12/29/2014) I checked the status on their web site and no info. I messaged them on facebook to see if they could update me. To my surprise they just called me! (8:00pm eastern time). They haven't received it yet due most likely to the new years holiday. (kinda what I figured)
I am very pleased they called......customer service seems to be getting better!

Just had to share

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 WEEK UPDATE-

No updates at all on the company's "Repair Status" page. I don't even know if they received it yet, and I'm not waiting on hold that long just to find out.

See you in a week.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Can you track via the shipper? It would be interesting to see how long between delivery and them logging it in to the online system.

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Today, I sent in my new PT140 G2 via prepaid Fedex label. Tracking says estimated delivery is Wednesday, I will keep track of it throughout the entire customer service process.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I sent mine in 12/30 through Gander Mountain, who says they received a note saying Taurus has it, and it still isn't showing as received on the status page.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
9 days, Taurus still doesn't have it, and LGS treats it as a transfer, and they do not have a tracking number. How long does it generally take
fedex to ship a pistol from AZ to FLA?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The Fedex label Taurus emailed said two day delivery. I shipped my PT140 G2 Monday morning and it was delivered today.

1:21 pmDeliveredMIAMI, FL
8:11 amOn FedEx vehicle for deliveryMIRAMAR, FL
8:08 amAt local FedEx facilityMIRAMAR, FL
1/13/2015 - Tuesday
10:58 pmAt local FedEx facilityFORT LAUDERDALE, FL
8:55 pmAt destination sort facilityFORT LAUDERDALE, FL
6:04 pmDeparted FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN
11:40 amArrived at FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN
1/12/2015 - Monday
9:06 pmLeft FedEx origin facilitySOUTH HOLLAND, IL

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
The label Taurus sends you is two day shipping. Taurus website is notoriously bad when it comes to updating with info on your firearm. Just be patient and try not to go nuts watching the website for updates on your firearm.
As to shipping to Taurus thru Gander Mountain or an FFL, all bets are off. Who knows what shipper they used?
I shipped a TCP to taurus (on my dime) using Fedex ground. it was like $20. I took it apart and sent it like that telling Fedex it was "machined parts". :D
Fedex rules are that you should ship a firearm overnight.....but I shipped parts...;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I talked to Gander Mountain and they told me they got notice that the firearm was delivered. I am a bit anxious to get back.....Just to play

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UPDATE- 1/16/15 - Taurus just received my revolver today, 11 days after it shipped out via FedEx. So begins the quoted 4-6 week turnaround time. I was told that the status update page is supposed to run approx a 48-72 hr delay, but it hasnt been working properly. It is a known issue, they are currently working on it, but that feature is currently down.

I will probably update this thread once a week, unless theres a development before then.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got through to them tonight my self. (16minute wait) Was sent out 12/29/14. It is waiting in line for repair and was told status page is being worked on by IT department. They told me it would be 6-8 week turn around time... Also a revolver......md66 .357

1 - 20 of 104 Posts