Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's time I started looking for a belt to carry with. I know a lot of you have already found belts that work and some that don't work so I was hoping to get some suggestions from those who have already found belts. I would normally be wearing blue jeans when I carry. I'm also looking at the clip type that fits under the right hand grip of the pistol to carry whilst wearing my overalls.
Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
37,237 Posts
For the longest time I just bought the heaviest one I could find at the Wal-Mart or similar...then bought a Hank's Belt. I will never buy a lighter one again, makes a lot of difference.

·
Super Moderator
35,363 Posts
I bought a web belt a while back that Smokewagon posted, a little over 20 bucks, and I've been impressed with it so far. It's heavy nylon and is holding up well and is quite stiff. I can't find the link.

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I just bought a Mission Elite EDC web belt off of Amazon that I really like. Under $15 and nice stiff double thickness belt. Only drawback is I wear shorts just about every day and this is too thick to go back thru the belt loops twice to tuck it in.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Hank's belts are the best I have ever seen for CCW. I have a lot of me overhanging my belt and I can still comfortably Carry a 1911 with no problems.

They have different belts available for Carrie. I use the Gunner and have no problems at all I love the belt

Don

·
Super Moderator
35,363 Posts
I have 3 Hank belts and love them all . Get the 1.25” size tho , that fits most belt holsters made . I got a 1.75” but too wide for holsters unless you have the clip over belt type holster .
They don't offer a 1.5"? All my belts and holsters are 1.5" width.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just use my Levis belt. Solid leather (no filler) and 1.5 wide. It is just a hair move ⅛ thick. I do not have any overhang and I tried a Hanks belt and fount it very uncomfortable. I carried my SD9VE on it and it was fine. The G2Cis les of challenge for the belt cost $19. Think if I has an overhang it would not be as goodinch waist are great, but it is hard to find the right size in trousers. I tried a webbed belt but the clasps were so thick that they would not go through some belt loops. I use it for OWB carry for which I always use an accessory belt.

just came back from COSTCO shopping. Thay have the belts for $14. That is about $8 less than retailers.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I've got a 5.11 reversible nylon belt and love it. Wear it with jeans and shorts.
This is an excellent reversible belt with two colors: black and tan. Any double thickness, leather belt should work as well. If you live in Texas or really anywhere there is a western wear store, you should be able to find a good, stiff, double thickness western belt or work belt. Mine (obviously) are tooled and quite stiff, which works well with the pancake holster and mag pouch that I normally carry.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Drop my name in the hat for Hanks.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Another Hank's fan here. I have three and wouldn't buy anything else.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts