Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you folks belong to or have joined a Gun Club/shooting range (membership)? I just renewed at Scottsdale Gun Club (Arizona) and man it's a bit over priced, but a very, very nice facility. I would have signed up elsewhere but it's on the way home so I can get in the most shooting. They say it's one of the most state of the art facilities in the country. I wouldn't know because I've only been to one other indoor range, but it's very 'Scottsdale' or should I say 'Snottsdale'.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
I'm looking into it but the local club is having some leadership/legal issues....

Otherwise I shoot on family property.

Steelheart

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arizona is full of 'wide open spaces', but I have yet to go shooting out in the wilderness.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've belonged to two different gun clubs/shooting ranges. The gun club was an outdoor affair. We had regular competitions and were expected to attend and compete in several per year. We also took turns cleaning the target house and keeping the range up. Cost was very reasonable, and the competitions were fun.
The other was an indoor shooting range. The cost was higher, and there were no competitions, but your membership got you in at almost all the open times for no range time cost. The only time you weren't allowed was when the local police units were shooting.
Both memberships paid for themselves.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I belong to a gun club that has 'good-ole-boys' as the majority membership. Very few blue bloods there.

With me, it's a simple matter of cost. Membership is $150 per year. We have a 50 yard and 100 yard outdoor range as well as a trap/skeet range. We also have an indoor pistol range that members can access 24/7.

Around here, the public indoor ranges charge $10 to $15 per hour. If you only shoot twice a month ... you do the math.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked the sales guy into giving me the Red, White, and Blue membership, which is usually reserved for Police and Military. I paid for the whole year up front, which got me a month free. It was $265. With that I get unlimited range time, 5% discount on ammo, and I get to shoot an MP-5 or Uzi on my birthday for free. Last birthday I shot the MP-5! Whoa Mamma! Wish I could own one. They also offer a pretty good prices on their firearms, but most of their selection is on the high end of the spectrum. No Taurus product and that disappoints me very much.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i belong to one, here in Philly. it's an indoor range, and it's $100 for the year. You must buy the ammo from them, and there is no time limit.

most of the clubs around here operate in the same manner. it's the city, and there is no safe way to discharge a weapon, unless you are at an indoor range, so yeah, it sucks in that sense.

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
I belong to and currently serve on the Board of Directors of Pine Tree Pistol Club, here in Northern Illinois/Rockford. I also serve as the Senior Range Officer.

Current Dues are $180. A bit expensive, but we have high Heat and Tax bills. We have IPSC, Bullseye, PPC, and Junior Rifle Matches and programs. We also have NRA classes on Beginning Marksmanship/Safety, Personal Protection, and Reloading.

Feel free to visit our Website and take the Virtual Tour.
http://www.pinetreepistolclub.com/

·
Registered
299 Posts
$25 a year, clean up after yourself, lock the gate when you leave and if ya broke it; replace it! I sometimes mow or shovel snow if I got time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I joined a gun cub through work. It is inexpensive, plus we get half off at the local range and they offer NRA pistol and rifle classes. $20/yr and $5 to shoot per trip.

·
21,932 Posts
I belong to the gun club here in Griffin Georgia. We have pistol, rifle and skeet ranges. They have several competitions a month including skeet shoots weekly. We also have a steel match every month and the state steel match once a year. We do an ipsc once a month as well as cowboy shoots.

http://www.griffinsteelmatch.com/

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Arizona is full of 'wide open spaces', but I have yet to go shooting out in the wilderness.
It is alot of fun, you and a buddy can go out and not be bothered..lol :shooter:

Scottsdale....what to say :rolleyes:
Everything is pricey there :eek:
I have a buddy that lives there and every chance he gets he comes up to the Verde Valley... Alot of shooting and fishing here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts